Tamiya JASDF F-15J Eagle Aggressor

dmthamade

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!!  I haven't been able to do much modelling for the last while, life/work took priority. I did manage to get some of the NMF areas done, will still be getting a wash and tone work with oils and pastels after clearcoats are done.

IMG_3335_zps5a48a615.jpg

IMG_3332_zps37f30b70.jpg

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Started the decals this afternoon, these are going to take a while. There are a lot of stencils.  I have most of the major decals on, the Two Bobs decals are ok though the stencils look like squiggly lines on a grey background. Next weekend is a long weekend, hopefully i'll be done with the decals and weathering can begin.

IMG_3346_zpsbe993212.jpg

IMG_3345_zps95bbaeaa.jpg

IMG_3343_zps4ee72976.jpg

IMG_3341_zpsd2637ccb.jpg

Don

Finally have all decals down and sealed with a clear coat. This took almost a week working on and off. Lots of stencils on this one, i think the grey background could have been bigger on the stencils. The placement sheet for these was a little hard to see, i used the kit placement instructions as well. The decals themselves were nice and thin, worked great. I used the kit formation light strips as the Two Bobs ones were undersize. Next up will be a wash for the panel lines.

IMG_3349_zpsb0a80f2a.jpg

IMG_3350_zpsd1157bbd.jpg

Don

Nice progress Don, she's looking sharp.

the stencils look like squiggly lines on a grey background.

Don

Are the stencils Japanese text? It's a little hard to tell on my monitor but the close up image of the horizontal stabilator that you shared appeared to show Japanese characters....? :hmmm:

I've seen a few pics on-line of theses aggressors and some look nice and dirty. Any thoughts on how beaten up you'll make yours?

Cheers,

Guy

Hello Guy!! Most of the stenciling looks like Trumpeter or SuperScale decals in detail. Some of the stenciling is in English but is very hard if not impossible to read. OTOH the kit decals are clearer and for the most part legible The Japanese characters are squiggly lines on the TB sheet while the kit decals look legible. I think if you wanted the most accurate stenciling for a JASDF build the kit decals would be the best choice. For an Aggressor you would have a lot of masking of the grey background to do, but the pics I've found show the grey background varies greatly in size, the TB decals background look too small. There are pics of this bird with a heavily touched up and weathered finish. I'll be doing weathering but not an extreme amount.

Hello Maru5137!! Am enjoying the build, will start with final finishes today. Hope to have panel line washes done and flat coat applied by tonight.

Don