Hasegawa Me 109 K4

Chris,

first i brushed the bird with a silver coat, then preshadeing, after that the camo colors. Next step is apply the decals directly on the color. Then i used a lead pencil for the panellines. When all is ok and clean i brush overall with a 70/30 mixture (flat/gloss) the clearcoat. (pic)

I only have to give the bird a "used-look" now. Then Landing gear, antennas and some small parts. Finish. ;)

Hope that helps and ou all like it.

Cheers

Chris Hannover

post-4-1105551454.jpg

Chris,

Yes this is the best exhaust staining you've done yet!

I must take this opportunity to again state how flexible the pastel method is. You will never make that MG staining mistake using pastels, where as a solution using paint is far more hazardous unless you have a barrier of clear coat between the camo and weathering that uses a different tolerance (like Future) from the acrylic camo. That way you can use more agressive cleaning methods.

Pastels wash off completely with water. You can try the technique over and over and over again on your most precious model with no fear at all, and the results are easily as impressive as an airbrushed technique. Actually I believe that pastel staining is far more realistic myself, but now I'm getting too high on the soap box :)

Now to actually help you if I can....

I would use a q-tip with distilled water first (these are acryics right?) and work slowly and carefully. There may indeed be some repair to do with paint. Sanding should be done with fine grit, but be careful here as the "high" points get sanded more than the flat areas, and again some paint repair seems like it might need to happen.

Looks great Chris. Hope that MG stain comes out ok!