HBO’s � The Mighty Eighth� has a $500 000 000 Budget

Guest Martinnfb

So, is there a trailer for this movie, or was I directed to a site about the SS-GB series out of spite?  I wonder how many people have this stupid German takeover of the UK fantasy.  I hate to seem opinionated, but for FS... 

Anyway...  give me a real war movie.  If I want fantasy I'll look for Orcs and wizards. 

There are a lot of horrors which could be depicted - high level bombs taking off the wings/stabs of lower level ones, the sheer speed and reactional chaos of head-on fighter passes, the thick and unpredictable flak and the nursing home of apparently fatally wounded crews and machines.

An awful lot of possible stories for one narrative to cover. But as with all WWII flying stories, I'll remain hopeful until it's proven otherwise.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm kinda hoping for 190's piloted by orcs.

You couldn't have hobbits piloting B17's because they wouldn't be able to see above the IP. I suppose one could give them cushions. That could be funny though with flak rocking the aircraft and the unstable cushions throwing hobbits all around the cockpit. There'd be hairy feet all over the place.

Is Peter Jackson directing this thing?

I fear there will be some tragic love-triangle involving some Eighth AF Bomber or fighter pilot, and overly-hot English lady, and her British pilot husband.   The British man will escape Stalag 17, steal a Heinkel 219, and will land safely in England having shot down an entire Schwarm of Bf-109's along the way (in 45 seconds of battle footage) to find his missus in flagrante delicto with the afore-mentioned GI.  In amongst this will be 12-minutes of CGI combat footage.

Edited by Gazzas