GMC CCKW 2-1/2 Ton Truck

LSP_K2

Instructions would have me add part #D12 (front support for MG mount), despite the fact that I will not be installing the MG ring mount above. It seems that not all GMC trucks were so fitted, though frequently were. I'm not sure whether to add it or not.

DSCN0007_zpsdf61gxhq.jpg

I LOVE how happy the driver is in the instructions...  Probably worth adding the mount, even if not adding the ring.  Something else to look at on that side of the cab.

Edited by CANicoll

OK, I ordered several books this month, and this is one of them; on sale too, a nice plus. While it appears that Tamiya included much detail, it's also equally clear that they took some shortcuts here and there.

gmc%20003_zpsmggffsju.jpg

While I was in an airbrushing mood, I also went ahead and painted the entire truck OD. After going over it with lighter Model Master and Aeromaster OD's, it should really begin to look the part. Canvas cover is just perched there for the photo, as windshield frame (also painted today) is needed to support the front, plus I still need to add the data decals to dash itself.

gmc%20od%20002_zpsivyc7y8b.jpg

Those Molotow chrome pens work wonders on those headlight buckets. Don't know if you've seen 'em yet but those are "Bad A" man.

I know you mentioned them in one of your own threads, but I haven't snatched one,... yet. Perhaps I'll grab one when I resume work on my car models later this year.

Still watching!   :popcorn:   Love the different subject matter and can't wait till you get to the tarp in the back bed.

Thanks a bunch. With the exception of cleaning up a ton of small parts, this has been a lot of fun so far. I downloaded an image of what I believe to be the best rendition of this truck that I've ever seen, and will be trying to simulate, at least in part, what he did with his.