BMF goo removal

JeffH

Everybody already probably knows this but WD-40 will remove the goo left behind after masking

a canopy with Bare-Metal Foil.

What is new (to me anyway) is that WD-40 is now marketed in a 'pen' applicator with a felt tip...kinda

like a magic marker. This works great for clean-up between frames.

Cheers

Jeff

What is kinda funny is that the cardboard backing of the package shows several uses of the 'stick' and

one of the uses is removing glue residue. So it might work for Parafilm.....don't know if this packaging

is available yet down under, but the regular spray stuff is the same :P

I wish I would have heard about WD-40 before I tried Meguiars #2 mirror glaze on my Kanonvogel. The

BMF masking instructions somewhere on the Net mention using #3 glaze and I figured since #2 is

very similar (finer polish) it would work......it doesn't :angry: Now I have a Stuka that is totally done

without a canopy because the #2 stuff crazes clear plastic. Almost makes me want to waste $70 on

another kit just for a canopy. Does anybody know how/if I could get a replacement from Hasegawa?

Cheers

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the tip on WD40. Very handy!

Dragon USA is the importer for Hasegawa kits (I believe they service Canada as well). Here's their contact info:

Dragon Models USA, Inc.

1315 John Reed Court

City of Industry, CA 91745

Call: (626) 968-0322

FAX: (626) 968-0234

sales@dragonmodelsusa.com

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prod....asp?tlcode=DRR

I got a complete clear sprue for the Hasegawa 1/32 Storch from them last year for about $6 USD.

HTH,

D

Thanks for the info Darin! I also have an email in to Rainbow 10 in Japan. I hear they can get

parts too. But I don't hear back from them then your information will definitely help!

I've been thinking of building the Storch....how is that kit anyway?

Cheers

Jeff

You're welcome!

The Hasegawa Storch is one of their finest 1/32 kits. Absolutely beautiful. The cockpit is very visible under all that 'glass', and while the kit parts are sufficient, there's almost unlimited detailing possibilities.

Good luck with the Stuka canopy!

D