PAVE TACK pod

Kirk Taylor

Waiting to see what TANMODEL do with an F-111A/E and then rebox it as an FB-111A/F-111C with longer wings, possibly, Then 'TACK as an option.

Seems their visions are slightly stuck with the out-of-the-blue Su-33 Sea Flanker which, frankly, is higher up my PTSD wish-list.

Tony

I thought I remembered someone working on a 1/32 scale PAVE TACK pod.  Am I remembering correctly?  I found a potential project that could use one of those pods.

Thanks,

Kirk Taylor

Derek B. was working on one but I think that life got in the way.

Barry

a resin 1/32 Pave Tack would be a MUST for a Tanmodel F-111E

Only the F-111C and F utilised Pave Tack.

Tan Model are, I believe, focusing on the A/E airframe which differs only in the inlets, and saw combat in Vietnam and Gulf One.

The C airframe is the next closest, with A type translating cowl inlets and FB type MLG wheels and longer span wings, so the RAAF version - in service with Tack for thirty years - is the most likely boxing with the pod included (bearing in mind the weapons bay was heavily adapted to accommodate it).

The D & F share a common airframe - ECS vents and some subtle airframe mods - but would most likely be a further development. Frankly, I'd rather see an EF-111A.

Tony

As an aside (not quite off topic) I obtained a TanModel RF84. Beautiful molding but horrible (IMHO) plastic. Nothing short of CA will adhere the parts together. I soaked a sprue section for two days in MEK and it wouldn't melt. What are they using?

Dick

I thought it was a Pave Spike...no?

I thought it was the 1971-73 vintage Ford Aerospace Pave Knife, the banana-shaped heart of most Linebacker strike packages.

Sierra Hotel were supposed to be making one inbetween birthing unicorns.

Pave Spike was nicely done by Isracast.

Scary story about the Tan Model styrene - was that a duff batch?

Tony

I thought it was the 1971-73 vintage Ford Aerospace Pave Knife, the banana-shaped heart of most Linebacker strike packages.

Sierra Hotel were supposed to be making one inbetween birthing unicorns.

Pave Spike was nicely done by Isracast.

Scary story about the Tan Model styrene - was that a duff batch?

Tony

My buddy Bruce Craig has built two of the Tan RFs so far, he used Testors Styrene cement and I used Tamiya extra thin on some of the parts I used to for mocking up corrected bits. No issues at all. Possibly there was an odd batch of plastic?

Any 1/32 TANMODEL F-111 is vaporware at this point, so it may not even matter, but even if they do one, it may not be the entire pod. They might do a partial pod to stick on the closed weapons bay doors like in the 1/48 Verlinden set or the 1/72 Hasegawa kits.

I think people here are looking for the full pod to hang under a F-4E.