Aircraft of Vulgaria projects

• 2 weeks later...

hi there...here is an update on the progress made on the "Vulgarian" Comic Ni-11. This started out as a Revell kit that I originally put togeather in 1981. It laid in peices for the past few years and is being redone as part of this GB. Thank's to inspiration from Steve, this will be a depiction of a Vulgarian Ni-11 complete with historical context. I have changed the basic color to a purpleish maroon with german style lozenge camo. S/B mg's(alum. tube/w Adams 50 cal receiver) w/ammo (tape & brass wire), kit bashed tail skid (orig. a FROG a/c display stand segment), a genuine FORD engine plate, and plan to add some rigging. As you will notice one of the lower wings snapped off during decal appliction and will have to be reattached. The interplane V struts also need to be added as will the two megaphone exhaust pipes...

Cheers,

ggc

P5080035cropped.jpg

P5080034cropped.jpg

P5080032cropped.jpg

P5080031cropped.jpg

P5080030cropped.jpg

P5080029cropped.jpg

hi there...here is an update on the progress made on the "Vulgarian" Comic Ni-11. This started out as a Revell kit that I originally put togeather in 1981. It laid in peices for the past few years and is being redone as part of this GB. Thank's to inspiration from Steve, this will be a depiction of a Vulgarian Ni-11 complete with historical context. I have changed the basic color to a purpleish maroon with german style lozenge camo. S/B mg's(alum. tube/w Adams 50 cal receiver) w/ammo (tape & brass wire), kit bashed tail skid (orig. a FROG a/c display stand segment), a genuine FORD engine plate, and plan to add some rigging. As you will notice one of the lower wings snapped off during decal appliction and will have to be reattached. The interplane V struts also need to be added as will the two megaphone exhaust pipes...

Cheers,

ggc

Yes, agent ggc, I know you are awaiting the decals.

Problem is, I completed the designs but now I cannot find the decal paper.

I do not remember if I planned to buy it on line but forgot or bought it and lost it in the mess in my house.

So I am ordering more paper and when I get it I'll send you a set of sheets for Vulgaria.

Being in Vulgaria, the process of acquisition is to send out the SAS (Special Acquisition Squad) to find whatever is needed. The SAS consists of ex-cons who specialized in burgulary, extortion and big business skulduggery (exectuives who were recently retired from the insurance, banking, chemical and drug manufacture industries) as well as talented men, women and those of undecided gender from our own native born population. These are people who have no moral standards whatsoever, but they do know that life in Vulgaria is better than anywhere else so they are loyal to us. Let us not forget that one of the symbols of Vulgaria is the two-faced business man.

I expect to see a delivery very soon of the decal paper.

• 4 weeks later...

Brief Update on the Vulgarian Ni-11...right lower wing re-attached (epoxy this time) and some rear tail strut detailing....some more decaling coming up as well as the attachment of the upper wing and some rigging...

PS Steve----still waiting with rapt anticipation for the official Vulgarian markings.... :P TIA

Cheers,

ggc

P6010050cropped.jpg

P6010049cropped.jpg

P6010048cropped.jpg

Just came back from rooting around in the attic and found a Funfdecker kit I completely forgot about. Found my old Messaschnitzel too. The pilot and tailwheel are missing but I'm sure they're up there somewhere.

johng: Good hunting eh?, it's great to re-discover things when digging through the stash...is yer Mseesachnitzel built or still in kit form..?? During a recent "forensic" trip through my pile of started but stalled projects I found the long missing main gear door parts for a P-40B stuck in a P-39D box... ;) , I knew they were somewhere.... -_- Generally I rarely throw anything out, (even have box's of clipped sprue saved)...now I'm even saving resin cut offs... :huh:

Collecting Cheers,

ggc

The Messaschnitzel was built and found in a large box along with 25 or so large airliner models that all the wings were falling off of from age, along with a bunch of other stuff. Most of the stickers are lifting but otherwise in good shape. I think they can be removed and put back on with double sided tape.

CHENTLEMANS,

I have ordered decal paper again and as soon as it arrives I will print up the decals and send them out.

Thank you for your patience.

Sir Stephen, Lloyd of Auslender

Great Uberpoobah, Vulgarian Armed Forces