Display cabinets

Gerhard

5mm ought to be. Display case, not fallout shelter. Another trick is to add a small fan at the top to blow in, and pressurize the cabinet. Put a paper or foam filter on the fan, to control dust. Blowing air in forces air out of the cracks, and keeps dust out.

Thats actually another idea Ive toyed with.............Ive even heard of guys using fish tank pumps if the cabinet had small enough air openings.

Might be an idea. Just a couple of small inlet hose holes. A little hot glue would be just the thing to secure the hose.

I was even thinking the same about adding one under the kick-panels (lower black parts on my cabs) as they are fairly deep, say about 5 or 6 inches, and would be able to hide the pump in there without anyone being able to see it.   Possibility a fan might also be able to go in that same space somewhere too, if a pump wouldn't cut it. 

I really like the idea of a fan or pump, as my house gets HELLA dusty.............much less so in the display cabs but still it gets pretty dusty inside too.