CF-104

LSP_Ron

Guest Clunkmeister

Beautiful build of a Canadian mud mover, Ron! Everytime I see one of these, it still boggles the mind that these were a ground attack bomber!

When I was posted to Germany in the early 80s, it seemed not a week went by where some CAF or Luftwaffe pilot wouldn't dump his 104. It almost got to be commonplace.

Personally, I think a very light weathering would take the "Canadair new plane" sheen off of it, but like I said, it's a personal opinion.

Edited by Clunkmeister

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!! Not sure how I missed this one. Very nicely finished CF-104 Ron. I've always liked a newly rolled out CF-104, and that's how I picture yours. I'd leave it alone.

Cheers

Brad

Hi Ron, absolutely magnificent. To add my two cents worth to the discussion, I like to see models as close to the condition the original appeared in. However, I have seen a few photos of Canadian 104s lately, and in all cases they were immaculate, so my vote in this particular instance would be to keep it clean.

Regards

Mike

Thx for all the kind comments. I am keeping it clean, I have no finished builds that are clean so this stands out. The shot on its back did no harm, it's not like it was dragged across the pavement. Alls good

Ron