How do YOU get rid of tiny ejector pin marks in awkward places?

I recently resumed work on my 1/48th scale Tamiya Dornier Do 335 "Pfeil", and its wheel wells are absolutely littered with these nasty ejector pin marks in the worst of places, making them extremely hard to remove. At the moment I'm working them by gluing a tiny piece of sandpaper onto a toothpick and "sanding" them away, but it's time consuming to say the least.

How do everybody else go about getting rid of these?

The marks I'm talking about are probably called something else if they're protruding, but my vocabulary fails me at this moment.

I tried scraping them off with an Xacto blade, but can never seem to get rid of the scratches afterwards... so sanding it is.

I am using rotary tool with round bit and with gentle circular movement blending the circles into the surrounding area, then with acetone or lacquer thiner smothering the bumps to even layer, literally melting it into submission.

But that's just me :)

See if you can get yourself a set of micro-chisels, Sparz. The Trumpeter ones are quite common, and pretty cheap, too. And, even better, they're a decent quality tool. I've found them invaluable for precision removal of material. They come with tips of different shapes and sizes, but generally look something like this:

trm09924.jpg

Even if you don't use them on this project, you'll definitely find them useful in the future.

Kev

Might sounds silly, but can you not use a hole punch on a thin sheet of plastic card and then stick the punched out circles in them and sand it flat.

Yeah, if I had a hole punch thing and a thin sheet of plastic card, that could work for the ones that are hollow.

However, these are protruding, mostly. Also tiny.

If you can't go for the chisel's try the point of a #11 blade (X-Acto or whatever).  Some where along the way I picked up some chisel-shaped razor blades that I use as a chisel for exactly this kind of thing.  It is about 3mm wide so might fit.  But they do tend to bend so a bit harder to control and now that I know there are chisels that small out there, I'll probably go for the set - they look very handy and easier to use.