Hey guys. Thanks!

mpk

Nobody here is a stranger. We all have LSPs in common and are thus good mates.

Like Rog said, we're all weird in our own way. I personally know that going from feeling

abnormal back to feeling normal again is an indescribably good feeling.

You know perfectly well we're all glad you're feeling better.

As long as no one shows up here in the nude we'll be OK.

Why thank you, Sir. :)

As for the second point, perhaps it depends upon whom it is turns up? ;)

Cheers mate. :)

G'Day Dale,

You're not "quite" normal? and you think the rest of us ARE?!!! :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

I've said this before, STOP moaning! some people have to pay for theirs!!

Love the banter my mate, as always, 'keep on keeping on' :punk:

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I take it by your emoticon you are attending The head bangers ball? 

Dale,

First of all I love ACDC!!!!!! :yahoo:  :rofl:

Seriously you are an inspiration to all!!

And I wish you the best health EVER, and you are a strong person so you just keep on keepin on!!

You have a family here!!!!

Humor is a healing thing body, mind, and soul.

Best wishes to you always,

NOW GET BACK TO WORK ON THAT GREAT MODEL....

Teresa :D

Hi Teresa.

Yep I made sure to put all the willing members to work to help me get better.

My cunning plan worked. ;)

As I mentioned in the OP, my experience here has been great. When I arrived and decided to stay on this site (I could only handle one), I contacted an admin (Can't recall who it was?) and said, "Listen mate, I'm a bit mental. Can you watch my posts?"

The response was along the lines of "We have your back."

How true. :)

As for the model, it is now dressed in black. It just needs a rub with some Micro mesh. I should be applying a metal coat this weekend. :)

With any luck I hope to have it completed next week. I spent the morning cleaning my work area and setting up 2 new paint racks. It's taken me 4 days to prime it. I keep finding areas that need a little clean up. I'm not rushing and fnd am simply working on the one model.

Sorry for the long response. :)

And if you go to Scotland we will see if we can pack Nicola Sturgeon into a suitcase for you to take back with you..... BTW as a member of HMP Australia have you served your full sentence? If not we won't let you in :D

Glad things are on the mend and you are through the worst.

Putting a sturgeon in a suit case may not turn out to be the best of ideas, mate. Customs may think something is fishy.  :hmmm:

I really don't want a naked search involving rubber gloves and...well, I'll leave the rest to your rather vivid imagination. :o

;)

Dale you are not mental, just a sick puppy   :punk:

Cheers

M.

SickPuppy.jpg

I knew there were cameras in this place! :o

;)

What you on about Dale? I kinda like the nutcase!!!   :mental:  :frantic: Very stoked to hear about your progress, cant wait to see your builds.

Cheers mate.

As for my builds? I have disappointed people before....

:)

Dale, it has been wonderful getting to know you via our happy lil home here.

Even better has been the change I've seen in your posts and general happiness over time.

Keep at it my friend and to quote Monty Python "allllllways look on the bright...side of life..."

Thanks Paul.

I take it by your emoticon you are attending The head bangers ball? 

Too bloody right!

Particularly since I found out Lemmy was a modeller, and non too shabby!

(for an encore, he bought plants 'back from the dead'!)

Didn't know you had an issue, Man, so glad it has cleared a bit for you. This is an awesome place with some of the most-generous modelers/people I have ever known. Stand-up guys and gals who will help you with anything, and never seem to mind when we lesser talents steal from them. That's grace and nobility in my book.

Dale, it has been wonderful getting to know you via our happy lil home here.

Even better has been the change I've seen in your posts and general happiness over time.

Keep at it my friend and to quote Monty Python "allllllways look on the bright...side of life..."

Cheers Shawn.

It's been interesting at this end. Being that it was, as far as I can tell, chemical, I was kind of able to watch it from afar, yet unable to affect it.

Always look on the bright side... Is my theme song. :)

I'm so glad to hear things finally turning up for ya! Glad you're here, and always enjoy your humor!  Glad you're back at the hobby again!

Thanks Tex. Mate as far as I'm concerned everyday is a win. I am now over 3 years past the time I was supposed to die.

I've actually been celebrating by buying a bunch of kits and tools etc. Sold a very rare snare drum I no longer need.

My stash means I have to keep alive in order to build it. Seriously, how can I die when I've got so much work to do? :D

Too bloody right!

Particularly since I found out Lemmy was a modeller, and non too shabby!

(for an encore, he bought plants 'back from the dead'!)

Was he really? I actually know a few musicians who have an interest in models or historic aeroplanes in general. 

Didn't know you had an issue, Man, so glad it has cleared a bit for you. This is an awesome place with some of the most-generous modelers/people I have ever known. Stand-up guys and gals who will help you with anything, and never seem to mind when we lesser talents steal from them. That's grace and nobility in my book.

I hid it well....  :mental:

My brain was heavily affected, 257 chemo treatments, 34 via lumbar puncture. Then 19 months on a mind altering experimental drug on a 24/7 infusion. At times I had zero control over my brain.

Amazing really. There was this line in my chest and I carried around this bag. The drug cost $25,000.00 USD per week. Only 600 people worldwide were on it and I was on it 7 months longer than any other patient. 

Chemo destroyed my nerve endings, which is why I decided to model. When I began I could not write my name. I think modeling has helped.

Yeah the guys here are great. Some understood more than others. Which is usual. :)

Thanks to you Bill, I found Armorama. I read the site but usually don't post because I have nothing to add. I do enjoy learning from the builds though and want to make a tank soon. :)

Guest The Southern Bandit
Was he really? I actually know a few musicians who have an interest in models or historic aeroplanes in general.

Yup. I remember reading Lemmy was into Luftwaffe subjects in scale modelling.

Yup. I remember reading Lemmy was into Luftwaffe subjects in scale modelling.

I know a guy from a very famous band, his hobby is WWI aircraft. He doesn't build kits, just collects book after book... :)

WWI only. He has no interest in a spitfire, but mention SE5a and his eyes light up. :D

Dale.

Welcome back, but you never ever left the fold, to many if not all of us. Carry on, tell your stories we're listening. We're all happy things are turning your way mate. Life is great. Congrats on the family additions and keep on building.

Youre in the LSP family. Never a worry.

Troy

Thanks to you Bill, I found Armorama. I read the site but usually don't post because I have nothing to add. I do enjoy learning from the builds though and want to make a tank soon. :)

ys look on the bright side... Is my theme song.

Hey, we all get what we need from these sites, and I'm tickled I helped you find another outlet. As a perfectly daffy bi-modeler (propellers on planes & ships, plus treads), I try to emphasize the Fun Factor in all we do here.

As to tanks, you can't go wrong with almost anything by Meng. Their Bradley is on the same level as the Tamiya Corsair, which I think is the finest model I have ever had the pleasure to build.

a__1_.jpg

Edited by Bill Cross

Hey, we all get what we need from these sites, and I'm tickled I helped you find another outlet. As a perfectly daffy bi-modeler (propellers on planes & ships, plus treads), I try to emphasize the Fun Factor in all we do here.

As to tanks, you can't go wrong with almost anything by Meng. Their Bradley is on the same level as the Tamiya Corsair, which I think is the finest model I have ever had the pleasure to build.

Oh really? Mate I had no idea. Meng, eh?

I wasn't sure.

Hey mate if it's not to much to ask, what would be the best entry level kit from them? I don't care about type.

Thanks Bill! :)

Dale.

Welcome back, but you never ever left the fold, to many if not all of us. Carry on, tell your stories we're listening. We're all happy things are turning your way mate. Life is great. Congrats on the family additions and keep on building.

Youre in the LSP family. Never a worry.

Troy

Hi Troy.

Mate, thanks. I wanted two separate posts so I could give each their due.

I really appreciate the thought.

Just so people know, I am not complaining. Actually, I find the entire process extremely interesting. Just another life experience.

No big deal. :)