Civilian themed diorama

JRutman

Joe,Jim and Brian,

You guys are awesome and are really helping me keep invigorated about building this peaceful scene.  Thanks guys,I appreciate it,

J

Man, feeling the SAME Jerry. Lately it seem there is SO much negativity, and hate every where you look, Im getting tired.  I just want some peace, happiness and some respect for each other

Edited by Out2gtcha

Man, feeling the SAME Jerry. Lately it seem there is SO much negativity, and hate every where you look, Im getting tired.  I just want some peace, happiness and some respect for each other

I found the best thing for it is to spend maximum time away from the TV and the interwebs,like facebook,etc.

J

Wow Jerry! Absolutely amazing work. The proliferation of vegetation, grasses, and weeds gives an incredible sense of realism to the whole scene. If the house could talk, the story it could tell, the history it's seen...........fantastic!

I noticed the rabbit hutches are empty. Rabbits are yummy ya know? If you start with the right two you'll never be without a renewable source of "it tastes like chicken". :)

Brilliant as always Jerry!

Cheers,

Wolf

Jerry,

Your work is great, no matter the theme, and I really like non-military dio's. I have done a few of them over the years and have some new ones planned as well. Life outside of war presents many good opportunities for the diorama builder. I once converted a 1/16 Panzer grenadier into a hockey player scoring a goal, and have done some scenes based on the desert southwest...(adobe buildings and wooden wagons are fun to make).

And then others that I have seen were of soldiers doing "non-military" things- a friend of mine once did a really great one of Seabees playing baseball somewhere in the south pacific, and another of a solitary figure sitting on a wooden stool reading a book in the middle of a bombed out library during the Blitz in England.

The whole key is capturing a moment and being able to convey that feeling to the viewer and executing the supporting elements in scale detail, which you do so incredibly well.

Keep it up, love your work !

Joe

Wow Jerry! Absolutely amazing work. The proliferation of vegetation, grasses, and weeds gives an incredible sense of realism to the whole scene. If the house could talk, the story it could tell, the history it's seen...........fantastic!

I noticed the rabbit hutches are empty. Rabbits are yummy ya know? If you start with the right two you'll never be without a renewable source of "it tastes like chicken". :)

Brilliant as always Jerry!

Cheers,

Wolf

Actually it is hard to see but there are 3 bunnies in there. They are raised for the dinner plate,yes. I had them on a farm in Italy where everything we had for dinner was from the premises. Right down to the wine and liquor.  Tasty

Jerry,

Your work is great, no matter the theme, and I really like non-military dio's. I have done a few of them over the years and have some new ones planned as well. Life outside of war presents many good opportunities for the diorama builder. I once converted a 1/16 Panzer grenadier into a hockey player scoring a goal, and have done some scenes based on the desert southwest...(adobe buildings and wooden wagons are fun to make).

And then others that I have seen were of soldiers doing "non-military" things- a friend of mine once did a really great one of Seabees playing baseball somewhere in the south pacific, and another of a solitary figure sitting on a wooden stool reading a book in the middle of a bombed out library during the Blitz in England.

The whole key is capturing a moment and being able to convey that feeling to the viewer and executing the supporting elements in scale detail, which you do so incredibly well.

Keep it up, love your work !

Joe

Thanks Joe. I used to enjoy HO scale model railroading,specially the scenery part so yes,I love the peaceful scenes as well. In a way,it shows how the state of war is an obscene punctuation in life.

J

Those roof tiles, and the building itself? Source?

The source of the subject is my fevered brain. The tiles were made from evergreen stock and then cast in resin in rows of 4,5 and 6. The house was made from walls of balsa foam and a roof of matt board. The foundation was plaster of paris.

HTH,

J