• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ScanmanDan

ScanmanDan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

Sorry Mike, :BANGHEAD2: I've been sleepwalking on this one. Thanks for your continued interest. Here's the bit that's been kicking my err, bottom.

The bottom wing.

Posted Image

That silver paint don't hide a thing. Not very happy with the outcome but I've done my best and I've got to draw the line somewhere. There is always a gap between what I want to achieve and what my sausage fingers can actually produce.

Only other progress is that I got the vertical tail on straight.

Posted Image

I have just got some of those Archer rivet decals which I'm going to experiment with replacing some bits that got erased while cleaning up.

Fingers crossed they come out okay.

Thanks for taking a look.

Dan
  • Zero77 likes this

A day above ground is, in my opinion, a good day.  :D

#17 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,662 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Dan
Progress is just sitting down and enjoying the build as you go.
Looking forward to see how the rivets turn out.

:goodjob:
Peter

On the bench: Trumpeter A6A Intruder VA-165 Boomers

USS Constellation 1971-72

#18 Tomek

Tomek

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Looking very good Dan! Please share your experiences with the Archer rivets, I'm very curious about them. I'm looking for something like that for one of my future builds.

#19 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,954 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

I think your "sausage fingers" have done quite well!I thought about getting one for a couple of years. Might have a go some time. Yours is turning out very well. Looking forward to more posts....Harv :speak_cool:

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#20 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

Any news about this build of a so cool aircraft ? :)

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users