ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Welcome back!   :hi:   Good to see you back at the bench - we all need a break sometime, no?  Good to hear you have re-engaged with the Owl, warts and all but it sounds like you've gotten a more positive perspective on the issues. Ok maybe slightly more positive!  I agree with you about cost vs fit.  I don't think either of us expect to pay more, and then have to work harder to build the kit.

But the bird is looking good.  Question - is it really worth the effort to show the machine guns?   :deadhorse:   Just askin'.     :innocent:

Oh, and you need to buy that new WIDE ANGLE lens now!  

Edited by CANicoll

Shaka

So very much appreciated and I'm now all in until completion.

Peter

Bro,

I'm officially holding you to it. Failure to finish will cost you a full Sunday breakfast at the diner plus tip. :fight:  :crying: 

Joel  

Guest Peterpools

Hi Chris

Thanks so much and glad to be back at the bench with a full tank of gas and ready to go. Just irks me that a kit can cost this much and suffer the issues I've faced so far. Add in the four ZM's AM sets I also purchased and not counting shipping, this puppy was over $275! What it is it is and time to move on.

As far as the MG's and ammo bays, all the work is already done and I thought it added a lot to the kit. ZM could have engineered the entire wing assembly so much differently and turned this portion of the build into a builders dream but just not in the cards.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Amazing - a six year old who can down 3 1/4ld cheeseburgers in one sitting.

He has to belong to the same club as my brother!

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Its definitely starting to look like an airplane!

Honestly, Peter, I think you may be the most persistent modeler I know. It truly takes a dedicated soul to take a kit like this and turn it into a real eye-turner. Congratulations on some truly beautiful and eye catching work.

(The photography ain't half bad either)

Best regards,

John

Guest Peterpools

Hi John

Glads you wedged in a bit of time to check out the Owl; Jan and your schedule has me worn out just reading and thinking about ti.

Thanks for the very kind words and sometimes I mistake dedication for been just plain old stubborn. The Owl sure is a handful but I'm staying the course and seeing it through the end.

Peter