Herringbone Gotha - Back on the go!

seiran01

Mike,

Looking amazing!  Love the grain in the wood.  I must admit, when I first saw the different directions I was kinda like, huh.  But seeing it here it looks fantastic - great job on the details and can't wait to see the seat up close. 

Love the IP - that is amazing detail.  Wow.

Are you bringing this as a WIP to the Feb meeting?

Chris

Mike buddy!

Thanks for the heads up on during the build for the bomb rack and how much will be visible. Your update is a joy to read, as i haven't really had enough time to catch up with everyone on LSP!

The gotha is coming along swell and the wood looks fabulous!

How did you like using the leather decals from Uschi? i used them on multiple occasions and they do get the trick done and really look like leather. I try to vary the undercoat to give them some tonal difference... oh how i miss building great war aircraft, gaboon viper is really giving me a hard time lol!

looking forward to your progress!

Karim

Thanks guys.  Calling the control panel done now, and will install this insert once I make the grey "leather" padding look a little less monotone and drab, and once I add the control cables to the rudder pedals.  Seats with HGW belts are the next step!

GXTZAcx.jpg?1

gXRdYmQ.jpg?1

By the way that IP looks jaw dropping!!

Guest Peterpools

MIke

WOW ... absolutely gorgeous interior ... simply a joy to follow. woodwork looks spot on; details and IP... right on the money. Uschi grey leather decal .. holy cow, I have to check it out ...

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Progress inching along this week, but at least it's progress! Pilot cockpit is completed with the hgw belts firmly glued in and control panel "insert" attached as well. I've added a piece of sheet plastic behind the last bulkhead for the rear gunner, as that piece of exposed inner lower fuselage will be a royal PITA to hide the glue seam on. This way, it's a non-issue, other than needing to paint the new piece.

Admittedly this update doesn't need four photos but it's interesting to me what controls and dials can be seen from certain angles.  

ReVua3z.jpg?1

sL6naeX.jpg?1

ERpNZAS.jpg?1

hdv5Dao.jpg?1

I've been squinting at the one photo of this plane for a little while tonight, trying to determine what the color could have been. Pheon suggests a blue-gray is possible much like on LoRi2. Both aircraft appear darker than the blue used on LVG-built aircraft sporting the blue/mauve camo, so back to the drawing board I went and settled on Mr Paint Marking Blue. Dark green could also be possible, as could black or red though both of those would be much, much less likely on an aircraft this large.

I think this color is going to work nicely! :yahoo: 

Inner wing and horizontal tail are not glued on; still a bit of internal rigging to do before closing up the fuselage yet.  

9YIjpgQ.jpg?1

Thx Chris. Glued fuselage together today, leaving it clamped overnight while I start work on the engine pods. If by some stroke of luck I get the fuselage sanded, painted, decalled and tail surfaces rigged I *may* bring it to the Feb meeting.  I'm planning to have my Ships Camel there either way

I've been squinting at the one photo of this plane for a little while tonight, trying to determine what the color could have been. Pheon suggests a blue-gray is possible much like on LoRi2. Both aircraft appear darker than the blue used on LVG-built aircraft sporting the blue/mauve camo, so back to the drawing board I went and settled on Mr Paint Marking Blue. Dark green could also be possible, as could black or red though both of those would be much, much less likely on an aircraft this large.

I think this color is going to work nicely! :yahoo:

Inner wing and horizontal tail are not glued on; still a bit of internal rigging to do before closing up the fuselage yet.  

9YIjpgQ.jpg?1

Mike, i think the mrp pale blue just fits the bill!

Superb!

Are you planning on masking the stripes or does Rowan provide them as decals?

Karim