1/32 Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla Double Chevron

Thunnus

perfect finish on this one John  :thumbsup:

jan

Thanks Jan!  I think that is all what we are aiming for but never quite achieving!  

What a brilliant looking Erla, produced, Bf 109G-10 John.  Simply a superb build here. 

When the pictures came out on Hartmann's machine, I just couldn't believe it.  There was a lot of controversy surrounding the photos with some peep's indicating they were somehow fake photo right away when they were reveled. 

I recall reading about it on the Luftwaffe discussion group.  Regardless of the naysayers, the two photos look real to me.  I really enjoyed your in process build here.  Just gorgeous all the way around.  Thanks again for sharing this with all of us.     

What's up next?

Regards,

Troy     

Thank you Troy!  The tulip markings so late in the war does go against the other documented practices but who's to say for sure?  I appreciate you following this build.  I have a couple of other LSP projects lining up for the near future.  One will be a 1/32 Trumpeter 262. I really dig the hard spot mottling on late war Luftwaffe machines and wanted to do this scheme...

DSCF5055.jpg

John,

This build was simply epic. From the very beginning it was a fascinating journey fuelled by you skills and talent. I love your style Man! :m0152:

Thank You for sharing.

Cheers

Martin

Thank you Martin!  Your help and support was greatly appreciated during this build.  I was surprised when the "one side of the panel line" approach for the vertical rivets was noticed and questioned.  I had simply followed the line drawings in my possession as closely as possible and really had no clue whether or not it was accurate.  I know my lazy nature embraced the idea of not having to do both sides!  So I breathed a big sigh of relief when you point out that it was correct.  :speak_cool: