First submission for 2018! Wingnut wings Sopwith Camel F.1

karimb

Karim My Friend

Exquisite doesn't come close; not even a country mile. First an foremost I'm a front office guy and the office you created is brilliantly done - the weathering - just wonderful

Simply a beautiful build and oh what a build thread it would have been.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Peter 

It would have been quite the build thread i do agree and i feel quite disappointed at myself not having had time to do a proper wip!

I am glad you liked the camel, she was a joy to build overall!

thanks for leaving a word my friend!

That is a lovely Camel.. I especially love the care you put into the cockpit and the plywood sections are so rich.  Wish I could work that quickly and with the quality you put into it.  Bravo,

Bil

Bil

Thank you very much for your kind comment!

The part i enjoy most is usually doing the woodwork!

Thanks again!

Wow dude! Your paint skills are amazing!

Thank you my friend your comment is too kind and i don't really deserve that sort of praise!

but i am really happy you like how she turned out

Karim...

Wow!  It's hard to look at your work and not be inspired.  Everything looks crisp and beautiful, even where it's meant to be dirty.

Awesome!!

Gaz

Gaz!

Thanks for such kind comments!

knowing some of your guys get inspired by a kit i finished really makes it worth every drop of sweat and every tear during the build! Best reward a modeller can hope for

What a beautiful little build Karim. I always appreciate how you tend to all the small details. I look forward to watching your iron rain build.

Hey Tony!

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving such kind comments!

Just about to set the wip up in Iron Rain!

Great balance of build, condensed build photos and weathering. Makes me want to break out mine and build it. But then I realize I could never achieve your level of artistry than looks so effortless.

Bill it's always a joy to have you check in on my builds!

Comon get that camel out and start building, and i might pop a tank out and join you guys too!

Thanks for leaving a comment my friend!

Wow beautiful work Karim. Can I ask how you like the MRP metallics? As good as their other stuff? Compare well to other metallic paints?

Thanks Bstarr3!

I found the MRP metallics to be very similar to the Alclads to be honest! If you have a nice gloss coat under the metallics they shine up really well, and they take to abuse quite happily with washes and oils, i didnt get any paint lifting during the weathering at all so that's a good sign. I would personally recommend them to augment your Alclads if you own those, or it's a good alternative altogether!

Beautiful weathering, especially the castor oil stains spreading out under the bottom wings.

Thanks Adam for the kind comments. small blobs then airbrush spurts of air to simulate airflow. Then tidy up and blend in and do multiple coats on top of the initial ones which will vary the color!

Can I ask how you solved this?  My kit has similar issues, with a couple of the molded eyelets resembling a "C" instead of an "O" due to the slight molding mismatch.

Cut off the molded eyelets, then drill instead a small locator hole. I didnt use eyelets on this one as i was worried it wouldn't be accurate to British designs. Either way, the method i used with no turnbuckles isn't accurate either but oh well!

hope this helps