Revell 56 Ford F-100"Demon II"-Completed! 04/15

mustang1989

Checking the plug leads, I can't quite tell if you have the firing order right...

Is there an easy fix for that alternator? It's very prominent

Richard

Thanks for the input Richard. Man I'll tell ya............I spent all KINDS of time on my Demon I build a few years back going to the extreme and it was exhausting. I'm taking it a slight bit easier with this build there good buddy.

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks for the input Richard. Man I'll tell ya............I spent all KINDS of time on my Demon I build a few years back going to the extreme and it was exhausting. I'm taking it a slight bit easier with this build there good buddy.

In which case, it's spot on.

I'm doing similar with my Revell P-51D, Hardly any research, no significant AM, no kit bashing. Very different to my usual stuff. Fun, isn't it

What I MUST NOT DO is catch the Hot Rod bug of you

Richard

In which case, it's spot on.

I'm doing similar with my Revell P-51D, Hardly any research, no significant AM, no kit bashing. Very different to my usual stuff. Fun, isn't it

What I MUST NOT DO is catch the Hot Rod bug of you

Richard

Thanks Rich. I built a 383 Stroker for my 94 Silverado a couple of months ago................

This................is where firing order counts.  ;)

001_zpsk53ygrks.jpg

This is a customer's engine that went out last week:

27971914_970539976446315_811763967620054

It's a BMC 1500 diesel engine for a canal boat. The customer left the choice of colour to me - very risky. So, as they have the same basic engine, this one ended up in 1960's MG red with an alloy bellhousing and a black gearbox

Richard

Edited by RLWP

This is a customer's engine that went out last week:

It's a BMC 1500 diesel engine for a canal boat. The customer left the choice of colour to me - very risky. So, as they have the same basic engine, this one ended up in 1960's MG red with an alloy bellhousing and a black gearbox

Richard

Nice!!! Great color choice as well. 

It got an MG badge on the rocker cover too.

The workshop has two light blue and one bright red engines at the moment. Makes a change from mid green

Richard

I know the color you're talking about. We a Detroit 671 out here at the plant that Stewart and Stevenson rebuilt for us that they painted that color.........................wires and all. facepalm_zpsgaclnqrj.gif

Got some more progress done with the addition of the throttle linkage (still need to add the linkage from the foot pedal up to the motor) and the completion of the radiator and fans. You know that was a really crappy design with the radiator. The fans are MOLDED into the radiator which made the masking off a real PIA!! But I managed to finagle a decent mask for it and paint it all up.

Additionally I'm kind of bummed out about the wheels. I can't use them on this build because the brake calipers are too big for them and that stupid ring at the center of the front spindles would show through on them. facepalm_zpsgaclnqrj.gif  I'll be going with the Weld Draglites that I was originally going to use which is a good lookin' wheel and all but I was really looking forward to using the other ones. No worries................you'll see those again in the future on another build.

Todays progress:

O2unBn.jpg

Finished the engine off with the radiator hoses. Right now I'm test fitting just to make sure that the body'll lay down properly on the frame and that the wheels are going to clear everything in their installed positions. So far..........I'm good with this:

OFsWgk.jpg

Here's the basic interior with all the parts cleaned up. Not a bad layout really but I'll be adding a few things here and there to spice it up a little bit.

ZYoJUW.jpg