66 replies to this topic

#61 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

Well said. Thank You Jamie.

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#62 tjtx

tjtx

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

That's a man I would give my business too. Someone who can step forward, acknowledge a MINOR mistake and discuss the reasons for the issue. This thread is also the reason I don't and won't use another company's decals.
  • Martinnfb and TonyT like this

#63 Joe66

Joe66

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

Sometimes things are non-standard....when I was assigned to mech infantry back in the mid 80's, I managed to get new roadwheels on my M113. They were basic OD green from the factory, but the tire portion was still bare rubber. I took the time to mask the rubber portion, before painting the woodland camo, for the express purpose of then creating a stencil and painting " Goodyear " on each tire face ! I wanted make them look like raised WLT, but used light sand color instead....
The rest of the company thought it was great..
.the CO...not so much...lol.

I'm also the guy that took the dirty exhaust manifolds off ( same M113 ) and down to the maint. shop to polish the heck out of 'em....man they looked sweet !

Trivia note for anyone who's ever been on the '113.... I used to run the headphone wires from a Walkman ( ear buds cut off ) and plug them into the TA1 telephone terminal posts on the intercom box ...then we could hear tunes through the CVC helmets !

Joe
  • TonyT, BiggTim and tjtx like this
"The quality remains, long after the price is forgotten"
- Sir Walter Raleigh

#64 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

I've seen this original post elsewhere too. Might have something to do with Jennings' claim that a decal sheet he was involved in has for the first time got a Spitfire correct and turns out that may not be quite right (original thread over at some 72nd modelling forum I think). To be honest I don't quite get why he's posted this here as it's not LSP, is a minor thing, and quite a large number of people will go AM anyway.

It's Jennings entire raison de d'etre.

It's a shame, as he obviously knows his stuff. I wish he'd use it more positively, it would make the forum a happier place.
  • alaninaustria, Hans, Tony T and 5 others like this

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#65 phoenix 54

phoenix 54

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Old time salesman me, was ALWAYS taught NEVER 'rubbish' the competition, point out error nicely!

PROVE you have the better product, hopefully leading to a sale.

Jennings me old love, you NEED to learn, a spoon of honey goes MILES further than a gallon (U.S. or Imperial!) of vinegar.

Paul

• alaninaustria and JohnB like this

...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded

For my lifes love, Angie Connor 10/02/1961 - 11/11/2002
I'll never forget

#66 JamesHatch

JamesHatch

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

It's Jennings entire raison de d'etre.

...correct.

• alaninaustria likes this

resinGB_zpspeh4gov7_1.jpg

#67 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Me thinks its time to move on, Not only does the whole topic have absolutely nothing to do with LSP, I don't think we can allow a thread to continue focusing on one members demeanor.  Points taken, let's leave it at that folks.

Enjoy the weekend and I hope you all get some build time in.

Cheers

Ron

• alaninaustria, R Palimaka, Lothar and 9 others like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users