Only Three Short Weeks

Gazzas

They've previously stated that they wouldn't make a model of an aircraft that's already widely available in 1/32 - hence the lack of Nieuports, SPADs and a Fokker Dr.I as Roden already produce them.

The only exceptions have been where Roden and WNW were developing the same kit at the same time, and arguably the Camel - although that came after the 'good' Hobbycraft kits went OOP, leaving only the 'bad' Academy/Italeri ones.

According to a post on LSP, Richard Alexander from WnWs, stated that WnWs was not going to compete with any other manufacturers, so don't expect any Nieuports, Albatross D.lll, Siemens Shukert D.lll, Fokker D.Vl, or Fokker Dr1s. We should also not expect a Fokker E.V/ D.Vlll, or any Encore or Special Hobby releases. He said that when WnWs released the SE.5a and the Sopwith Tripe, that WnWs didn't realize that Roden was also releasing the two planes or WnWs would not have released them. As far as the Albatross D.lll, Roden doesn't have the Albatross D.lll (OAW) without the prop spinner now OOP from Battle Axe. What WnWs could release is the Red Baron's Albatross D.V.

Edited by Fred Jack

We have to remember that the British replaced their Tripes as soon as they could, because of the drag and the poor visibility that the three wings caused. The Albatross D.V was a failed attempt at replacing the Dr1 with an improved Albatross fighter. After the Fokker Scourge, Fokker did not produce a great plane until the D.Vll. although even the Fokker built D.Vll had a habit of shedding their wing fabrics, something the Albatross built, (Alb & OAW) did not do, which is why many of the aces flew the Albatross built D.Vll or like Udet and others aces, replaced their Fokker built wings with Albatross built wings.

Edited by Fred Jack

I loved my first 1/28th Dr1 flown by Werner Voss, Revell's first release in the sixties. Right now I have several Hobby Craft and Roden Dr.1s along with the Pheon decals. Hobby Craft came with a bunch of the Red Baron's markings and one of Lothar's markings. I really don't need a WnW Dr1.

Oh for God's sake!  Will WNW just make the Fokker DR. 1 please!

Yes, I know the Roden kit is not horrible, but it is nowhere close to a WNW product either!

The Fokker DR.1 would be a gigantic sales success, would bring non-WWI modelers into the WNW fold, and would help fund future obscurities that are going to be certain poor sellers.

It's time, WNW!  Get on it!

Guys keep posting stuff from Richard Alexander from like 10 years ago LONG before the shake up at WNW to a more streamlined profitable model changes a couple of years ago.

Times have changed and WNW have moved on releasing a swarm of Camels that where never to be released.

Things have changed and statements that applied 10-12 years ago do not.

Anything could be coming but the chance to do a 100th Anniversary boxing of something Richtofen cant be ignored.

Anything could be coming but the chance to do a 100th Anniversary boxing of something Richtofen cant be ignored.

I disagree, they could very well ignore it. It may not be a big thing to them.

Besides, it this were happening, I think they would have announced it by now.

Guys keep posting stuff from Richard Alexander from like 10 years ago LONG before the shake up at WNW to a more streamlined profitable model changes a couple of years ago.

Times have changed and WNW have moved on releasing a swarm of Camels that where never to be released.

Things have changed and statements that applied 10-12 years ago do not.

The problem is that apart from what Richard Alexander said all that time ago, there's been no communication from WNW - official or otherwise - that they've changed their business model. They changed their distribution methods, sure, but from what I've seen nothing else. And WNW never said they wouldn't make a Camel, just that (at the time) it wasn't in their plans to do so - and the same applies to the Dr.I. Then the Hobbycraft kit goes OOP and WNW bring a bunch of Camels out.

We all suspect that the 'new' model hinted at will have something to do with von Richthofen. I think it'll be a re-issue of the D.Va with his markings, but it could be anything. I hope it is a Dr.I, to be honest, just to put a stop the constant whinging that there isn't a WNW Dr.I...

Edited by vince14