RB Productions - Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka Type 22 - **FIN!**

Out2gtcha

Carl, Brewer, Martin, Gaz, thanks much for the very kind words.    Hahah Gaz, I actually already asked Zoukei Mura san if they were going to produce a 1/32nd Betty.............he gave me a stern look and said a short sentence in Japanese...............his interpreter indicated it was  "very" big in 32nd, and we all had an awkward "laugh".      :lol:

I actually spent all of last night with the Ohka, and got all 10 or so SUPER thin coats of the IJN gray on. The paint was mixed at about a 90:10 ratio, so it didnt cover very much going down, but that is exactly what I wanted, as I finally got to a place with the blend coat that I could kinda-sorta see the mottle coat beneath if, but it came out pretty subtle, but unlike previous attempts at this kind of thing, it is actually noticeable.    The coats were thin enough, that I stopped and took a break after each session to look the model over and let the paint dry a bit, and see if the look was where I wanted it or not.

Pics soon later tonight when I get off work

Matt, Torben thanks much.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

I took the damn thing out of the paint booth last night and THERE IT WAS.   Just a hint of it, but it WAS there. That #$*@ing front nose seem!!!!!      Well I did manage to sand it down to just the black primer, then took and re-mottled that area, then laid some more SUPER thinned IJN gray.  

So here I am again.  Never ever EVER had this kind of repeated problem with a seem repeated showing its ugly head. I've used CA, JB Weld, Mr Surfacer 500, Mr Surfacer 1500, and countless sanding sessions. I'm not exactly sure why it keeps re-appearing but each layer is confirmed dry before starting the next, and/or sanding.

Either way, I checked it again this AM, and couldn't see a thing. I also did not heat up my little modeling room like I tend to do sometimes to expedite/speed up drying times, to make sure the higher heat wasn't effecting that seem somehow. I also think it could be due to the amount of weight I have up here, but hell if I know how that would make a seem keep re-appearing. 

I do feel more confident about this round, and will be checking the whole thing tonight, as I not only re-sprayed that area, but picked out a few more problem areas that were less than smooth, and re-shot those areas too. 

Seemed to come out Ok, and Im HOPING,  to be able to get some clear on tonight, (Ive also hoped to get to this stage about 2 or 3 times previous too, so Im not instilling too much confidence in myself ATM) so I can start in with decals!  

I actually took some shots of the finished main paint last night, until I noticed the faint hint of that seem, then I deleted them all knowing Id have to re-shoot. Hopefully pics tonight! 

can't you use CA glue to fill in the seam?

I did.  I also used a LOT of JB Weld epoxy, both on separate occasions. Both were well cured, and confirmed to have filled the seem, so I have 0 explanation as to how its getting through. 

Last check this afternoon there was no hint of it after the latest respray but hey, Ive thought that MANY times the build. Im now at the point where this was my last respray. This was 5 or 6 resprays, so Im done. If the seem reappears, Im going to color sand it a bit, then apply a full all over clear, and apply the kit red stripe decal right down the center of it and hope no one notices.