My HB Mk.Vb/ Trop

Final bits done on the cockpit assembly prior to paint, first I grafted the kit adjuster handle on to the Barracuda seat..........

20160225_164225_zps1pb8sbd2.jpg

20160225_164744_zps8h1yvpnr.jpg

Then made the missing brace between the two rear bulkheads from some plastic card.........

20160226_162011_zpsemgkjbri.jpg

And then a coat of primer ready for some colour tomorrow...........

20160226_164506_zpsyg3jh8hv.jpg

Dont really feel like I spent huge amounts of time on this build but very happy with progress on this build so far.

Regards. Andy

I'm finding this HB Spitfire a riveting build Max........not quite as riveting as the PCM Hurri but I will be adding some to this one  :frantic:

First ever Hobby Boss build and very impressed with them...........keep thinking about a P-61 now  :hmmm: not yet but maybe!!!

Regards. Andy

Thanks Carl.

Finding the HB Spitfire a real breeze.......just falls together almost Tamiya like........very impressed.

Apart from the Barracuda resin stuff for the interior I'm not planning much on the A/M side with this one, going for a USAAF machine using Montex masks which I've never used before and a little apprehensive

Regards. Andy.

Had a very nice quite day at home and got the interior colors airbrushed on followed by and detail picked out prior to a little weathering and final painting/ decaling........

20160227_171108_zpsseodz1x7.jpg

Now have a light gloss coat on ready for some washes and decals.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Carl.

Finding the HB Spitfire a real breeze.......just falls together almost Tamiya like........very impressed.

Apart from the Barracuda resin stuff for the interior I'm not planning much on the A/M side with this one, going for a USAAF machine using Montex masks which I've never used before and a little apprehensive

Regards. Andy.

Sounds good.

Don't fret too much about using the Montex masks. I've just used some from them as well as Maketar on my FR IX build. They're not that bad too use. The biggest challenge is making sure they're lined up before you apply the paint. I'll try to post a step by step in my build.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Managed to get the cockpit all finished over the last couple of days...........

20160304_145227_zpsnzlq5xla.jpg

20160304_145350_zpsl6bdeyx5.jpg

20160304_145154_zpsed5sqti1.jpg

20160304_145123_zpsqjckyjje.jpg

Normally I flat the I/P  and use crystal clear for the instrument covers but decided to leave the Yahoo offering as is, due to it already having I guess a very thin clear plastic already sandwiched between the two coloured etched parts and also it has a very slight sheen to the whole I/P which interested me as to how it would look in the finished cockpit........

20160304_162424_zpsmfnm8jmq.jpg

Pretty happy with how it has turned out so far, will add a little more weathering around the cockpit door at the end of the build but will leave as is for now.

Thanks for looking and look forward to your comments as always guys.

Regards. Andy