Hasegawa Me 262 Aufklärer Ia

Alain Gadbois

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Been busy lately but progress is being made!

The "plumbing" work is just sublime. Excellent detail!

Thanks Shaka!

Excellent recovery, Alain! Brilliant work all round, in fact.

Kev

Much appreciated Kev!

Nicely done.  Good tip on the retainers.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark! Seems to be the simplest way. The best thing with the big wire loom is I used almost the whole strand of wire after stripping the insulator off. Just a bit of bending to fit and painting...et voila!

I have just about finished the cockpit and I received my little package from Hannants just in time to do the seats belts.

ykovUtA.jpg

Here is the tub with all the little bits painted: dials, knobs, and tiny white paint splotches to represent various notifications. Also some silver dabs for chipped paint.

3eFjSEy.jpg

q12JuJ3.jpg

The instrument panel is done with yellow and red dial rims. Lots of adjustments to try to get all the dials looking acceptable....Not perfect but it will do! I used Citadel paint as it covers very well and I like its consistency.

IEcUPGS.jpg

I prepared installing all the wiring at the back by drilling holes in the instrument backs. Then the panel was glued to the tub.

eX81KUs.jpg

Next I will add all the wiring and see if it all fits as it should in the fuselage.

Thanks!

Alain

Edited by Alain Gadbois

Thanks Shaka! I'm quite happy about it!

Here are a couple more photos on the subject:

cU6OdkL.jpg

ftuNFwB.jpg

Test fitting revealed one wire's yellow paint stripped off so I moved it a bit to insure it will not get stuck in the wrong place when

its time to glue in place and prevent the cockpit unit from going exactly where it should go.

There it is, ready to go in the fuselage!

ZMEzzef.jpg

Bye for now!

Alain

oh yes thats wonderful!

Looking really crisp Alain.

Jim

Suburb Alain, beautifully executed

Torben

Thanks guys, glad you enjoy the work and updates!

The cockpit glued in the tub finally!

Si2kzwX.jpg

qgLMVti.jpg

The right side panel glued in place:

NRFdEeA.jpg

The cockpit in place gives me the possibility to continue work on the front UC well. Styrene sheet and 0.4mm X 0.5mm strips.

neWqISu.jpg

Thanks ! Alain

Hi all!

Trying to finish in time!

Here is the progress on the front wheel wells:

The side sections in place.

VaJDy2b.jpg

AmDEyHa.jpg

And also continuing in the cockpit area, it's time to take care of the clear parts. There is a molded-on detail on the center section that needs to be removed. I didn't think it was possible to do this successfully but after seeing that Kevin did it on his Avia project I attempted it and I am pretty happy with the result.

pezm7Va.jpg

8H14loO.jpg

The polished section and I also glued the rear canopy transparency to the scratch built part.

wR4FxAt.jpg

I am making a cockpit sill in thin styrene to finish off this area. It will be detailed and painted before being glued in place, to minimize dust and possible damage to the fragile details.

TMdlQPc.jpg

A little bit too done on the engine intakes, getting the rivets and access panels in the right place! Lots of measuring here!

V6u2HiA.jpg 

A lot of planning is also taking place to get all the different elements in place so no time is wasted!

Bye for now!

Alain