AIMS Me 262 A-1a/U3 conversion

Pastor John

Minor additional info re paint. The whole standard gun nose group was assembled as a unit and made out of steel, with the exception of the nose cone(?) and maybe the gun bay hatches, so would be at least primed, most likely in a lt. grey. The U3 nose was a modified standard nose so would be siimliarly finished. Nose wheel well as likely in a primer color as standard 02. All the gear doors would most likely be painted in 76 inside and out. While the main gear wells would most likley be unpainted, the cockpit tub could be painted as it was a separate sub-assembly. The wing spars were painted as well, as they were made of steel and needed the rust control.

Many thanks - i had not checked that detail yet and may well have missed it - trying to get inside done first so thanks for colour info. I have been lent the HT Model Special vol and it confirms what you say about colours 

Best wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I do not think I will make many 1/32 Me 262s in my life time - so much work before you can get fuselage together! Enjoying it all the same. Just need to dress the seam between upper and lower cockpit kit parts - remove the lugs etc and then can spray - build and sort out the dreaded plumbing and wiring!

20151215_151720_zpssrrw6zjq.jpg20151215_151816_zpsal7mygez.jpg20151215_152000_zpszfhqvzml.jpg