Scratch built 1/32 Cessna 0-1E Bird 'Dawg'

Always wanted a Bird dog and a Skymaster! Wish we could get a main stream kit of both.

Well, if I make this one, I will have to make the other! As for full kits, we'll see?

Derek

Derek,

Yes I will give you a call when I get to Bruntingthorpe on Sunday..

It seems you have gotten a fair amount of responsibility with that job.

The old photo of you all packing is nice.. The gentleman on the left, who looks like an Indian , was he visitor at RAF BINBROOK or worked there with you .. I wonder what those people are doing Now...

And Derek, you don't look a day over 21... Still the same !! :wicked: :evil_laugh:

See ya later... :thumbsup:

Now your just trying to make me blush Maru! :blush:

The gentleman you referred to was, if my memory serves me right, named Al Ladak (I'm certain that his real first name is not Al at all, but that is what we called him or was his preferred name). Al was a fellow survival equipment fitter and I worked with him (I seem to recall that he had expensive tatses and ambition).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

What a cool memory resurrection, Derek, Thank You so much for sharing this with us. I wish that one day we can all meet up somewhere in Duxford and change the stolidness of the banners and avatars into vivid faces and smiles.  :)...and have a pint or two. (home team's expense)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Noted" 

Paul

Update..

Dear Mr. Bradhaw, 

Cookies are currently on back order and expected the week of December 25th 2014. Please proceed to checkout, any items that are out of stock will be placed on back order and your account will not be charged until stock is verified and order is completed.

Thank you,

LSP_Paul      

Vice president of cookie production.

:rofl:

"Noted" 

Paul

Update..

Dear Mr. Bradhaw, 

Cookies are currently on back order and expected the week of December 25th 2014. Please proceed to checkout, any items that are out of stock will be placed on back order and your account will not be charged until stock is verified and order is completed.

Thank you,

LSP_Paul      

Vice president of cookie production.

:rofl:

:hmmm: Hmmm, they must be the Christmas specials then with icing sugar all over them? :lol:

Derek

Paul, Harv - Thanks for your encouragement fellas :speak_cool:

I will pick up the Dawg and complete it in due course. However, if I cannot complete it in the time period, please rest assured that it will get finished eventually - I owe you guys (and the spirit of this GB) that muchat least.

I have already settled upon my decision for the upcoming 'Double' GB, which will be the Cessna 337 (0-2A) Skymaster: 

O-2A_cartoon_final.jpg

The reason for this choice is two-fold; firstly to provide a new subject for the next GB, and secondly because I wanted to make one as a companion to the 0-1 anyway (it may even encourage me to complete the Dawg when things get heavy).

Like the Dawg, I have nothing on the 0-2A, so I will be leaning on the generousity of the LSP membership to assist me again with references when the time approaches :innocent:

Derek

• 2 years later...

Hi All

Just to let you know that I 've found in which Model Airplane News (MAN) # issues these outstanding drawings from L.G. Halls are

First x3 sheets were published in the February 1971 and the fourth one in March 1971.

At this time there was an offer inside at a larger scale:

"Plans 1" to the 1' (28"x40") available at 1.25$ per plate"

I've asked the editor, not available today...

Does anyone of you have these? I would have like to get a copy.

Thank in advance