39 replies to this topic

#31 mustang1989

mustang1989

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Kevin , Mark and Gary. I went over to the Rockport area to help out yesterday and those folks got it tons worse than we did over here. 

Walls are coming together and I've got a couple of more things done here. The welder I've actually had about 80% completed for years now and didn't realize that until I opened the box up again for the first time in like...........a decade. I just finished the engine stand and am now working on the shop desk. Right now that doesn't have anything on it but I'm working on painting up a camera, then there'll be a coffee pot and a couple of cups and some other miscellaneous things on there. I added a couple of items in there just for fun.

Progress_zpsaofkf1ah.jpg

And here's the desk and chair that I've been working on for the last week. I ended up building the resin coffee pot kit that I had, the camera came from the Fujimi tools kit as did the chair. Coffee cup is resin and was cleaned up and drilled out. Coffee can is also a resin kit. I felt something was missing from the desk top so I've got a microwave kit coming and will probably put a piece of notebook paper and a pencil on the desktop as well.

Desk%20and%20Chair_zpsmdgqnfpt.jpg

• Gazzas likes this

#32 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

Man, That's way too clean for a garage!  very pretty!

Gaz

• mustang1989 likes this

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#33 mustang1989

mustang1989

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

We'll dirtying it up a bit here and there as time progresses. Not much though. ;)

#34 ClumsyDude

ClumsyDude

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Such awesome work ... a real pleasure to watch, bet you're having a lot of fun.

Jim
  • mustang1989 likes this

#35 mustang1989

mustang1989

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Such awesome work ... a real pleasure to watch, bet you're having a lot of fun.

Jim

Thanks Jim. lol. You're right. There's been more than one time that I cracked a smile while building this one. 

Got a few goodies in and have been working on the OOB items. I also moved the loose items out of the shop to reduce excessive clutter. Look for the additions and changes..............

001_zpsenhxwlou.jpg

• Gazzas likes this

#36 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Mighty fine!

• mustang1989 likes this

#37 patricksparks

patricksparks

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Thanks Kevin , Mark and Gary. I went over to the Rockport area to help out yesterday and those folks got it tons worse than we did over here. 

Walls are coming together and I've got a couple of more things done here. The welder I've actually had about 80% completed for years now and didn't realize that until I opened the box up again for the first time in like...........a decade. I just finished the engine stand and am now working on the shop desk. Right now that doesn't have anything on it but I'm working on painting up a camera, then there'll be a coffee pot and a couple of cups and some other miscellaneous things on there. I added a couple of items in there just for fun.

Progress_zpsaofkf1ah.jpg

And here's the desk and chair that I've been working on for the last week. I ended up building the resin coffee pot kit that I had, the camera came from the Fujimi tools kit as did the chair. Coffee cup is resin and was cleaned up and drilled out. Coffee can is also a resin kit. I felt something was missing from the desk top so I've got a microwave kit coming and will probably put a piece of notebook paper and a pencil on the desktop as well.

Desk%20and%20Chair_zpsmdgqnfpt.jpg

Pretty funny, your work mat looks like a typical garage floor !!!

• mustang1989 likes this

#38 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Heck, I wish my kitchen floor looked as good as that garage floor.

• mustang1989 likes this

#39 mustang1989

mustang1989

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Pretty funny, your work mat looks like a typical garage floor !!!

LOL! I've just got the walls stood up and everything placed on the floor. There'll be some subtle weathering of the floor and the walls. Gotta keep in mind though...........................this aint a professional shop or it would be all gray with chipping and the typical wear associated with that type of environment. This one's a backyard weekend hobby type shop with weekend usage. Not gonna be just a whole lot of wear and tear on a shop like that. You are right about the cutting mat though and what's funny is that you're not the first responder who's said that.  :D

• patricksparks likes this

#40 mustang1989

mustang1989

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Heck, I wish my kitchen floor looked as good as that garage floor.

Right?! I'm on my Demon II build right now but am definitely coming back to this one and my Mustang build. I ordered some more wall posters/ signs for it today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users