F-14A Tomcat pit, Tamiya

LSP_K2

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Wish I could help on the front office sets for the Tamiya kit but for the Trumpeter kits, I went with the Aires set and Wolfpack ejection seats.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

The problem with the Avionix set is that the details are a little soft , especially the Instrument Panels  and consoles,IAires usually has a much crisper details , the other option is to use the Avionix as the babsis , and add in an Eduard set to enhance Instrument Panels .. expensive , but it does look nice when its done!

IMHO Aires hands down! Best fit off all pits on the list and the detail is to die for! just get rid of the stubs and that's it make sure to adjust the locator slab for the rear deck other wise the aft deck will fall a little short but shorting the stub a little will make this a drop dead fit!

DSC_8553.jpg

I didn't sand any of the sides on this picture mind you if you want to install the refueling point from wolf pack you'll need to get creative on the right front side of the pit!

Cheers

Fred

If you want some pics of the Teknics set let me know as I just picked one up.

I also have the Aires set but it's for the Trumpeter F-14A.

Carl

Sure, I'd love to see some. I imagine the others might also. (I checked, and none of these three sets have been reviewed here.)