Without using aftermarket, best way to correct Trumpeter Ju 87B front

oyoy5

Or, how about plastering a great big snake down the side to draw your eye away from the shape inaccuracies:

YgQzIaq.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

Excellent suggestion! Hard to NOT look at the snake, and then the camo etc. "-is it accurate? - beats me. It looks like one of those hypnotic holograms!"

From where I stand ... the kit is really not too bad if built OOB.

The level of detail ... and the fit/engineering are very good. Obviously when photo's are scrutinised and compared, the errors become more apparent.

The Fawcett correction isn't all that bad ... all things considered it's pretty decent bang-for-buck, fixes the more glaring errors and restores the B to that more traditional 'chunky' look.

Personally ... whether you build OOB or use the Fawcett correction ... I'd be more concerned about replacing the oversized bomb and cradle.

Rog :)

Hi Mike,

I do not remember exactly as I used various sources to double check the plans and compare with pictures. I know I used the ones in the Classic book, the MBI book, the MMP book as well as Kagero ones among others when I wrote the kit tweak list. Unfortunately, I do not remember which ones were the best ones.

BR

Thierry

It's really up to the builder. All three, Revell, 21st Century, and Trumpeter, all look like Stukas! There's no mistaking that. So, it's up to you and what you want to do. Revell for nostalgia fleshed out with PE, 21st Century for an easy fun build that could be fleshed out with some PE, or the Trumpeter which is the newest in the stables. You really can't lose. I have a Revell and a 21st Century. Plan to build both. One as the Snake and the other as a Battle of Britain job. Both will have PE added and CMK rear gunner's machine gun. They both will look good, and I don't think I'll get points off for the noses on either. Until someone produces an accurate one, it ain't worth suffering anxiety over, in my book. So, take a deep breath, build, and have fun!