• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

The concern I have is that the kit has sold poorly and the MOD 0 sets I made for sale have not sold, so I basically gave them away at the NATS in 2016.  Thought about intakes but same issue, the kit is so big, so expensive that the demand is just not there to make it economically viable.   Cannot afford to subsidize the hobby for this kit....Sorry.   I have one to build but I am using the Squadron Cockpit and I have not checked to see if it is correct or not.   Great job on the build though, too bad about everyone's pics.

I don't recall knowing you had a Mod 0 set, do you still? I was at the 2016 Nats and must've missed seeing that.

I didn't know the A-6 was officially a poor seller. That's a shame. I'd take a good all inclusive A-6A cockpit since the one available is so-so. Plus, nothing at all available for the TRAM cockpit.

Not specific to your comments, I see it said how "big" the 1/32 A-6 is quite a bit in general. I don't understand why since it's comparable in size to most 1/32 jets, and in many cases it's actually significantly smaller than the main US jets in 1/32.... F-14 is larger all around with wings unswept, and the A-6 is shorter in length than the F-4, F-8, F-15, F/A-18 (legacy and supers), F-105, and it's only less than 2" longer than the "small" F-16. OK, the wingspan on the A-6 is larger but the wings can be folded.

Edited by ziggyfoos, 04 September 2017 - 07:42 PM.

• harvey likes this

#17 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Can't figure out what made Gary think the Tadpole was a poor seller,I know a number of people who have them on various forums,my local shop has sold about 30 in the last 18months.

I'd be up for a tricked out cockpit for the A..

• harvey likes this

#18 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

I would be interested in buying an A-6A my only brake is that they do not exist in FS16440 gull grey/white very attractive liveries as well as i.e. for the F-14 or the F-4B/J... all the friezes are located only on the tail drift and not on the back sides or some nose art on the radome. it's incredible I have watched dozens and dozens of A-6A photos and none of them intrigued me too much apart maybe that one with the blue tail (WK) but I suspect this was an E not an A... so guys if anyone can suggest me an attractive/colourful A livery please tell me. many thanks.

Edited by Luca, 04 September 2017 - 08:09 PM.

• harvey likes this

#19 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

so guys if anyone can suggest me an attractive/colourful A livery please tell me.

Of course it's a personal taste. Myself, I prefer A's. Between AOA, Zotz, and Superscale decals already, there has to be at least 30 options.
  • Luca, harvey and ghatherly like this

#20 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:27 AM

the Squadron pit does not correct the IP, as far as i have seen its a copy of the kit pit with some details added.

• harvey and ghatherly like this

back after 20 years

DUE TO A HOSTING PROBLEM A LOT OF PICS OF MY BUILDTHREADS ARE GONE. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME

#21 Dave Morrissette

Dave Morrissette

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

The kit sell poorly and the numbers are accurate. Remember, this site (and me) are devotees of large so naturally, this would be a great place for it but overall, the cost when released was high. And they went on fire sale quickly at $75 or more off because they didn't move.

For me, the Squadron pit or the kit pit will be Ok. Accuracy ins't important but the intakes....heck yeah!

Dave

• ghatherly likes this

#22 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Possibly in the CONUS Dave, but here in the UK, we got a generous  discount from our supplier, who managed to get a large number when he asked " who wants one?"

He then came back with a damn good price, as he always does for most stuff he supplies, regardless of the importer..

• ghatherly likes this

#23 Dave Morrissette

Dave Morrissette

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Agree totally about the price. It dropped dramatically and quickly. Why I bought nit

Dave

• ghatherly likes this

#24 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

where can we buy a Trumpy A-6A at a good price?

#25 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

My last A-6 was from MJR models and hobbies about 9 months ago.. about £ 70.00..

he has a FB page ( model kits for less)

#26 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

My last A-6 was from MJR models and hobbies about 9 months ago.. about £ 70.00..

he has a FB page ( model kits for less)

just taken a look at his website, only 3 Trumpeter kits left and no A-6....thanks anyway.

I've seen A-6As on ebay starting from 150-160 EUR, it's still a lot of money.

Edited by Luca, 15 September 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#27 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

if not, put a request for price on the FB page.... website doesn't always  reflect what he has, or access to....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users