#1 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

Hi Gazza hope your going well mate!
Just wondering about A-6's.
With the A-6 kit being out now for some time it looks very apparent that Aires are not coming to the party with cockpit.
With such a great base kit and a highly visible cockpit is there an oppurtunity for you given how great your F-4 cockpits are.
An A, E/E Tram cockpit is dying to be done and given the void of resin for it in 32nd maybe a chance here for you to make some cash and us to get a great cockpit for a lovely kit.
Perfect place to showcase your resin with it being so visible and also crying out to be done...
Cheers
Dazz
  • blackbetty, harvey and ghatherly like this

#2 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

if you do, please correct the angle of the ip!

• harvey likes this

back after 20 years

DUE TO A HOSTING PROBLEM A LOT OF PICS OF MY BUILDTHREADS ARE GONE. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME

#3 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

what is wrong with the squadron resin pit?  It look right to me.

• harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#4 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

the angle of the main ip is wrong. i corrected mine on my build, but since all the pics are gone..

here a comparison of the kit with a pic of the ip

36425887111_d5c0ba5e58_h.jpg14 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

• harvey and ghatherly like this

back after 20 years

DUE TO A HOSTING PROBLEM A LOT OF PICS OF MY BUILDTHREADS ARE GONE. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME

#5 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

you have to section the ip and raise the middle console als well as move back the bombardiers seat

35754808293_c5e3bb0032_b.jpg17 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

[/url]14 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

35754808173_716353391b_b.jpg23 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

36395791972_651005c0a5_b.jpg26 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

27 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

Edited by blackbetty, 14 August 2017 - 12:57 PM.

• harvey, Smokey and ghatherly like this

back after 20 years

#6 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

looks like this

36517759376_3bdb77a82f_h.jpg28 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

• harvey, Smokey and ghatherly like this

back after 20 years

#7 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

OK,  So there is an easy fix.   The concern I have is that the kit has sold poorly and the MOD 0 sets I made for sale have not sold, so I basically gave them away at the NATS in 2016.  Thought about intakes but same issue, the kit is so big, so expensive that the demand is just not there to make it economically viable.   Cannot afford to subsidize the hobby for this kit....Sorry.   I have one to build but I am using the Squadron Cockpit and I have not checked to see if it is correct or not.   Great job on the build though, too bad about everyone's pics.

• harvey, Darren Howie, Clunkmeister and 1 other like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#8 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

That fix looks easy enough, I see Gary's point on why go do a whole new deal to fix something that can be fixed in a couple hours. I love the repair job though and will definitely do it to mine as well.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#9 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

the avionix pit does not correct the ip angle

back after 20 years

#10 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

the avionix pit does not correct the ip angle

No to mention its fantasy ejection seats..lol..
Surprised you think it hasnt sold well as its almost impossible to find anywhere in shops which can only mean the entire first run has sold out.
That does not equate to people building them however but personally i think a lot of people are waiting for resin cockpits etc before starting on such a big expensive project.
Big money!
  • blackbetty and harvey like this

#11 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

i used Harolds GRU-5s, so i dint pay attention to the kit seats

• harvey likes this

back after 20 years

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

No to mention its fantasy ejection seats..lol..
Surprised you think it hasnt sold well as its almost impossible to find anywhere in shops which can only mean the entire first run has sold out.
That does not equate to people building them however but personally i think a lot of people are waiting for resin cockpits etc before starting on such a big expensive project.
Big money!

You may be right, but Trumpeter only made 2000 kits world wide according to industry numbers.   For GT to build a cockpit costs min $1000 in development costs.  At $50 a set which is high for price, the net profit is $10 in a set after production and packaging costs.   Therefore, I have to sell 100 sets just to break even.  Molds last for 20-30 sets so when you factor that into the mix they are not profitable items to make.   This is the reason I have discontinued the F-4 cockpits and stopped the F-15 work.   I don't need to make money, but I am not going to take it out of my pocket either.  Hope this helps.

Oh, and not to mention that 95% of all customer service issues are with cockpits.

• harvey and Zero77 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

Would you all be happy with the Squadron cockpit if the instrument panel were fixed?   Looking at the A-6B WW set and adding the RHAW scope and a couple of new panels is all the is needed.   I will fix the angle on it and I can make a A Panel easily enough.

A-6 intakes are done and will be ready by the end of the week.  Look for anew thread soon.   The test fitting today went perfectly.

• Bill_S, Lothar, blackbetty and 3 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#14 Mark P

Mark P

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Given the size of the A-6 cockpit and how easy it is to look inside I am shocked that no one has stepped up to provide an accurate resin cockpit set. Otherwise, the kit is very good...

So I would welcome any opportunity to dress up this beast!

Mark Proulx
  • phantomdriver, harvey and ghatherly like this

#15 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

dont forget to raise the center console. since through the fix you can see the pics, there are more than above in the thread:http://forum.largesc...topic=47834&hl=

back after 20 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users