18 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

Hey everyone,

Here are some test shots of the left wing, mounted to a Tamiya wing.    We had some printing changes to make in the right wing and that has been the reason for the delay in getting this out.  The new parts are scheduled for delivery on Monday, so the end of the week looks right for shipping the F-4E and G kits some of you are waiting on.   Sorry for the delay.   Here are the test mold shots of the left wing with the slat and Strake.   Ken did an amazing job in getting the details right, especially the slat mounting fork detail and the Slat attachment points.   We really hope you all like these.   For those with the older sets,  IF you cover the postage I will send you the new wings free of charge, just PM me or Email me in  couple of weeks when I get plenty of them made and in stock.  The TISEO is improved with added side fin details, and main wing hinges have not changed.

DSCN6616_zpsqldfw7gk.jpg

DSCN6617_zpsbryi7wwt.jpg

A bad picture, but is shows the correct dihedral that is built into the outer wing to make installation very easy to do.

DSCN6618_zpsjxbknekv.jpg

DSCN6621_zpsuev9t6mw.jpg

DSCN6623_zpsuaygxm9y.jpg

DSCN6631_zpsdbqs76xf.jpg

DSCN6630_zps5zd1x11m.jpg

The F-4E set will come with the TISEO, detailed camera and clear sense.    The F-4F set will come with plain elevator tops as used on the F-4F, and no TISEO as the Luftwaffe did not use it.

Thanks for all of the support,

Gary

Edited by ghatherly, 10 August 2015 - 12:15 AM.

• Tony T, Martinnfb, Bill Cross and 2 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 TBC

TBC

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

Well, Gary, once again you've hit it out of the park. The detail for the slat attachment is incredible. Can't wait for same for the Revell kit.

Cheers,

Tom

• ghatherly likes this

#3 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Great work! Any chance to get the inner slats deployed, too?

regards

#4 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Hey Guys,

Thanks of the kind words.   Ken deserves most of the credit for building all of this in the computer.    He has been a real blessing to have on board with all of you being able to benefit from his work.

I do plan on making the inner slat wings, but it will be a little while.   I am thinking of adding a retracted main slat set with the hinges molded to the LE, and you would just replace the entire leading edge of the inner wing to have the correct panel lines.  Now you have to fill and describe them.

There would also be an extended version sold either as a separate set option when purchasing the outer wing set.

The Revell outer wing set will be out at the same time as the Tamiya.  Look for both later this week or early next week.

Thanks everyone for the support and interest in what we are doing.

Have great day,

Gary

• Luca likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#5 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Looks absolutely amazing. I've been going through my model stash the last week, trying to quantify and categorize each box, accessory and add on. I noted I have approximately 10 GT resin sets, (not just for Phantoms) including the earlier set for the slat wings that has the TISEO built into it and the set with the big drop tanks.  One of the reasons I'm trying to get them all together is so I can find them and use them when I want. Right now, I know I have other sets/parts,  but I'm not able to find them. I had a habit at one time of putting the parts inside the main box and then I forget, so I want to get them all out of the boxes and put them in one central container. Anyway 'nuff of my rambling.  Thanks for making stuff that's detailed and accurate and adding excitement to our builds.

Edited by thewizardofaz, 10 August 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#6 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

They look great, Gary.

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#7 periklis_sale

periklis_sale

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:34 AM

Looks amazing Gary
Ken did a great job
Posted Image

#8 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:21 AM

Wow mate these slat sets look brilliant!

#9 zerosystem

zerosystem

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

Is there enough of a calling that you would considered an -EJ Kai wing Gary?

Edited by zerosystem, 01 October 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#10 Barry

Barry

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

Is it an illusion or the lighting that make the panel lines look so deep as compared to those on the kit wing or are they?

Barry

Edited by Barry, 01 October 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#11 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:25 AM

Is there enough of a calling that you would considered an -EJ Kai wing Gary?

I asked the same thing but there apparently isn't a sufficient market for an F-4EJ conversion set, and Wolfpack do one which is still out there.
Like Gary, they actually make things for sale rather than tempt with elusive "out of stock" or perpetually "coming soon" vapourware.

Tony
  • Darren Howie likes this
Finally spraying again

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Is it an illusion or the lighting that make the panel lines look so deep as compared to those on the kit wing or are they?

Barry

Hey Barry,
Probably all of the above. These were a development set, as no rivet or other details are present. The production wings details are in line with The tamiya kit part. Once we get the big computer up I will post some pics of the sale wings.

Stay dry!

Gary

Edited by ghatherly, 03 October 2015 - 04:05 PM.

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

Hey Barry,
Probably all of the above. These were a development set, as no rivet or other details are present. The production wings details are in line with The tamiya kit part. Once we get the big computer up I will post some pics of the sale wings.

Stay dry!

Gary

Fantastic! My first thought was "Oh man, I need to detail my kit to match the quality of these when I get a set"  Looks great Gary.

#14 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

I'm building the Revell F4-G and these are a big improvement over the kit parts.

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#15 TBC

TBC

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

Hi Gary,

Just curious on the timeline for the Revell kit.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by TBC, 20 November 2015 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users