B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Question............ no 'dumb' question, how do you guys do such fine work on the PE without slopping glue all over it, like I do, what is the secret??  I'm really enjoying this Carl....

No such thing as a dumb question

I put a SMALL spot of glue on with the point of a cocktail stick

And quickly remove excess with a cotton bud

Usually the PE falls of later

Richard

Question............ no 'dumb' question, how do you guys do such fine work on the PE without slopping glue all over it, like I do, what is the secret??  I'm really enjoying this Carl....

I make a little notch in the end of the cocktail stick with a number 11 blade. Gives me finer control over the amount of superglue. And then the PE falls off later. Usually just after I've permanently glued the canopy

Ive found a needle cut and shaped flat at the end along with some very thin CA and capillary action works very well. Cocktail sticks do work well, but not normally with thin CA, so thats why I ended up shaping a needle for that purpose. 

Question............ no 'dumb' question, how do you guys do such fine work on the PE without slopping glue all over it, like I do, what is the secret?? I'm really enjoying this Carl....

Thanks Jeff!

Karim is righ about using a good debonder. My PE used to look like a bunch of brass made into a postmodern art pile so I know where you're coming from.

I now use a debonder applied with a microbrush to clean up any wayward CA. I will also sometimes use two different viscosities of CA. A thick gel style one to tack a part in place and then thin CA to glue it all together.

Both of these tricks I learned from others on here.

Hope that helps.

Carl