Silver Wings Boeing Stearman N2S-2 US Navy

Jan_G

I'll try Hubert.

650x400mFILLcGRAY-1_zpslureqkwj.jpg

From Silver Wings site. Starboard rear 3/4 view.

IMG_3026_zpsszu7lzoj.jpg

My 1:1 Stearman. Port rear 3/4 view.

Differences:

Top of fuselage too straight.

In cross section top of fuselage is too round. The real IP is almost pointy at the top!

Fuselage too skinny.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Sure it helps Steve  :)  thanks a lot

but as you mentioned Its quite hard to fix it  and I dont have such skills to do that properly

and have to say that im little bit jealous regarding your Stearman. Really beautiful plane you have.

maybe you can post some detailed photos of your plane here in the forum to help me and other guys who will work on it later

this is one of my dreams - to finish PLA and get one yellow Stearman...so need to work more, which means less time for modelling  B)

have a nice day

jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the kind words.

It would be possible to do some walkaround picks (there are a few on the net already for Stearman), and some detailed ones as well, but not for a week or so when I next get to the airfield. I have some and might be able to post a link to them all (don't know how at the moment) on Photobucket. In the mean time is there anything specific you need info on, remembering that mine has a different engine to the model?

Steve

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the kind words.

It would be possible to do some walkaround picks (there are a few on the net already for Stearman), and some detailed ones as well, but not for a week or so when I next get to the airfield. I have some and might be able to post a link to them all (don't know how at the moment) on Photobucket. In the mean time is there anything specific you need info on, remembering that mine has a different engine to the model?

Steve

You could always ZIP them up and send them to me, Steve, and I can publish them on the website.

Kev

small update

main parts ready for another coat of surfacer, added just some small details

gear legs were small challenge because geometry, to strength them I drilled hole and put inside injection needle.

IMG_9347_zpsfsp7gcnp.jpg

IMG_9349_zps4r3ogb4s.jpg

IMG_9352_zpsc1wgvcfz.jpg

IMG_9354_zpsa4f2y6er.jpg

28d3ffd8-3253-4ea3-9f36-ad743f6af9c4_zps

10325d65-bf14-4d26-940e-a0f5b672fef7_zps

here you can see neverending story of sanding and filling small holes with CA or epoxy glue

cbe8afcd-1b90-44c6-a48e-dc96699c908b_zps

and overall picture

aa274979-0e55-46dd-92e1-f7cdb79e28b0_zps

thanks for looking

jan

Guest Clunkmeister

Interesting observation on the model compared to the real one, Steve. I have a couple or three hours in Stearmans but nothing earth shattering, and honestly, my stupid grins were probably pushing up my jowls enough to restrict my eyesight....

I remember the panel being oddly shaped, but it never registered with me on the model.  duhh.

I agree with you on the Stearman though, you can't find something with two wings that gives you so many grins and fun times for so little money, although that's quickly changing around here as people figure out they're just as much fun as a T-6 with 1/3 the fuel and half the maintenance cost.

Edited by Clunkmeister

• 2 weeks later...