Revell/ AIMS 1/32 Junkers Ju-188 E-1 Z6+DM II/KG66

monthebiff

Oh, mama!  That office looks pretty!  I can imagine that as often nocturnal animals, there would be plenty of wear in the pit from many missions flown.  However...I'd be really tempted to leave it as is.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz and yeah, like you I am not planning to go to overboard with wear and chipping as I quite look how it is at the moment.

Regards. Andy

Jesus H on a bike, that looks fantastic - have a couple of the conversions, but not brave enough to do what you have -

always liked the 188 since I first saw the Matchbox kit all those years ago... looking forward very much to seeing you finish it next year, I've a feeling it's going to be very special.

Jesus H on a bike, that looks fantastic - have a couple of the conversions, but not brave enough to do what you have -

always liked the 188 since I first saw the Matchbox kit all those years ago... looking forward very much to seeing you finish it next year, I've a feeling it's going to be very special.

Thank you Kagemusha, like you I've always loved the 188, had that wonderful Matchbox kit as a kid, then the Dragon 48th scale kit but never built it so when I recieved the 88 as a present last Christmas it was always going to built as a 188

Regards. Andy

Had a couple of spare hours this moening so got the cockpit tub back together which went pretty smoothly in the end.

20171224_130621.jpg

20171224_130727.jpg

The replacement rear floor and then added the B stand ammo boxes followed by the radio rack.

20171224_130653.jpg

Also couldnt resist a quick test fit of the main sub assemblies.

20171224_125933.jpg

20171224_125955.jpg

Altough a rough test fit I'm pretty happy as all looks like it will fit together without to many drama's.

As ever thanks for looking and a very Merry Christmas to everyone.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Andy,

Great work!

I doesn't even look like it was cut apart.

Looks awesome when fitted in the fuselage.

Cheers, Ian

Thank Ian, there are  a couple of visible cut areas that need filling but very happy so far, also can I say that this will be one very big bird when complete!

Regards. Andy

• 1 month later...

Just catching up here, Andy. Man, oh, man.....model building at its best. As with your work on the Bf-110, very inspirational....or maybe I'd better start using the word seductive. But before I get any more pulled into this, maybe I'd better ask....just what are the dimensions of this bird??? I live in a house in NYC...while there are many benefits, space is not one of them! I'm already wondering where my Felixstowe and 2 Gothas as are going to go.

Cheers,

Michael

Just catching up here, Andy. Man, oh, man.....model building at its best. As with your work on the Bf-110, very inspirational....or maybe I'd better start using the word seductive. But before I get any more pulled into this, maybe I'd better ask....just what are the dimensions of this bird??? I live in a house in NYC...while there are many benefits, space is not one of them! I'm already wondering where my Felixstowe and 2 Gothas as are going to go.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your very kind words, really enjoying this build but in answer to your question dimensions are around 450mm x 750mm........sure you can squeeze one in next to your AEG and maybe a Felix and a Gotha for good measure!!

Regards. Andy

How did I miss this build?!!! Superb work Andy. I should have done the same on the 388, chopping up that cockpit to build and paint all the details.

Any further progress on this one?

Cheers, Wouter

Hi Wouter,

Its definately worth the effort to cut things up like this, makes things so much easier. Seems a bit over the top but well worth the effort in the end. Not a lot done since first week of January as I got side tracked with my G-4 conversion!

Regards. Andy