RB Productions - Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka Type 22 - **FIN!**

Out2gtcha

Awesome work Brian! Your choice for you rnext build certainly fits in well with that "keep the mojo" conversation we had. Myself, after a few props had to get back to a jet!!! Patiently waiting for your paint to arrive. Smitty

Thanks John!  

I FINALLY got my #35 Mr Color IJN Gray in!!!  Thankfully, and I have been working on the lil guy...............Im off to take some pics, as I took last night to spray some of the inside areas that are IJN gray before fuselage assembly, which is rapidly approaching.  

Pics soon!

Cheers

Mark, Joel, thanks for the kind words. Ive been plugging away at the little guy in between getting set up for a camping trip we are taking to CO, and getting some packages out to some LSP friends before we go.

That being said, I did get to the point of getting the fuselage closed up!!   I bit of a large milestone on this little thing since its 80% fuse. 

Back in a few min w/pics...................

I got a stupid idea...............no clue really why I did it but I did. I wanted the little Ohka to feel like it had a warhead in it.............so I decided to put some #9 lead shot in the nose to simulate this. 
The other thing this did is to line up the CG approximately where the 1:1 aircraft's was, and seems to fit in the cradle better now. 

I just mixed up some trusty JB Weld in a cup, and dumped in 1/2 of the total amount of shot in each half:

20170819_161430-XL.jpg

20170819_161445-XL.jpg

20170819_161538-XL.jpg

I also sprayed the Mr Color #35 IJN Gray on the interior parts that needed it, as well as the wheel centers and intake interiors:

20170819_161519-XL.jpg

20170819_161600-XL.jpg

Then it was time to close up the fuselage!  

So, this is where I am now.

I glued in the thurmo-jet on the starboard fuse half, and that went perfect. However after I glued on the 2nd side once the fuselage was glued together, I got some glue on the outside of the intake ramp, so I had to sand that section down.

I will then mask, and repaint both the airframe aluminum and the IJN gray.

Other than that boo-boo, the fuselage went together nicely, and sanded even better:

20170820_152203-XL.jpg

There will have to be some detail put back, but nothing too bad. Fortunately no steps or really bad gaps at all:

20170820_152217-XL.jpg

Tiz all for now lads. More later!

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

Tony, Justin, Joel, thanks for the kind words. As always it makes it nice.................

So after a nice break completely off grid, Im back with a few pics. I took these prior to leaving but didnt get a chance to post them. I managed to button up the fuse and then smooth the joints out around the exhaust for the jet, as well as the intake to engine trunk transition under the intake scoops:

20170822_220206-XL.jpg

20170822_220133-XL.jpg

20170822_220123-XL.jpg

20170822_220253-XL.jpg

20170822_220154-XL.jpg

You will actually be able to see a few things in the jet intake once the intake scoops are on:

20170822_220103-XL.jpg

20170822_220059-XL.jpg

I cut the rear tail parts off their pour blocks, and just dry fit them in along with dry fitting the intake scoops and wings. Its starting to look like the little kamikaze missile it was 

20170822_220002-XL.jpg

20170822_215927-XL.jpg

Im on call this week starting tomorrow, so im not sure how fast work will progress, but it will progress! 

Guest Smitty44

Off the grid=away from bench, oh the horror! Time to grab a couple kits out out of da stash and get busy to make up for that lost time!!