CMK P-40B cockpit

pacificmustang

The CMK one does not correct the depth issues, as far as I remember.

Mike does one, but I'm not sure about the depth on that either. The only one I know 100% for sure fixes it, is the old Cutting Edge one, but they're hard to find.

Chris

I've got both the CE and CMK sets and neither is full depth. The CMK set is the same as the stock bits while the CE one is maybe only slightly deeper. The only one I found that seems to be the right depth is the one made by Part. It's completely PE, you make the ribs and floor from multiple parts so is quite fiddly to build. I botched it so ended up using bits from both the CE and CMK sets to just git'er done.

Carl

Derek,

The Trump kit is the one with the cockpit depth issues....hopefully I read your post right.

I think a P-40 cockpit isn't out of the realm of scratchbuilding to correct, but having a drop in cockpit makes life a bit easier.

None of the aftermarket cockpit sets for the Trumpeter P-40B accurately corrects the shallow depth issue. The best of the bunch is the long gone Cutting Edge set, but it is also a shade too shallow.

As Dave states above, correcting it yourself isn't too difficult.

D

• 4 years later...

Mr Bellis, Thanks for finding the levers to the LSP way-back-machine to this topic. I just pawed my Trumpeter P-40B/C kits. I used two as donors for P-36, long and short nose conversions (Cutting Edge-not-for-the-impatient) and used both Lone Star as my mock up for the floor and I corrected the depth for the CE Set. ( I need to paint and finish the things). The elevators on the T kits were deemed correct by various pundits for the P-36 but not for the P-40. There are other AM sets for that issue.

Rick