Caterpillar 12 "Motor Grader" - 1/35 by Plus Model

elmarriachi

Hello,

I want to show you one more small kit of a construction vehicle. This time an old motor grader from Caterpillar, model number 12.

It was built during world war two and still used long time after the war all around the world.

The kit comes from Plus Model from Czech Rep. and is a multimedia kit consisting of resin, wire, etched parts and decals. Also included a CD-Rom with pictures of the kit and the original, a good mounting instruction and clear head lamps.

Unfortunately the kit includes only decals and painting guide for two versions of the US Army - no civil one in the typical Caterpillar yellow which I will make ... 

First I have started with the frame, rear tandem-axle and the steering axle with the steering linkage, then the wheels. The engine is consisting of several small and smaller parts plus some photo etched parts.

I think I will add some wire to it next to give it some more details ...

v66lp7q3.jpg

fgmpu7le.jpg

utejc43a.jpg

o54j5dik.jpg

7t476te2.jpg

lwi8fkul.jpg

e2bvd3w9.jpg

64kohxzt.jpg

Cheers

Micha

I operate a Cat 160 M series road grader ( no steering wheel, and no control levers , all joy stick and button controls VERY cool ), and they are an awesome piece of kit, I love old iron like this and hope to see it in Caterpillar colors... I hope they do a newer road grader kit too..... looking forward to seeing this build

Hello,

and some more pictures .... 

nyfkg4t4.jpg

The driver's place .... some levers follow later..... the rest is done .... 

yacsxtex.jpg

f8gwymj8.jpg

... and primered in rusty red ... 

vdyuah3f.jpg

qowmn5b7.jpg

... also the rest of the car is primed in red ... some wiring at the engine added (although only a little bit will be visible later) ...

ohqkql4n.jpg

7edorhcf.jpg

n9xihzht.jpg

Behind the front axle mounted: The ripper ... behind the ripper follows the blade ....

d5ybldef.jpg

m79ye288.jpg

Next follows some hairspray.... then typical Caterpillar yellow at the engine and rear/bottom of the driver's place ....

Cheers

Micha

Hello,

the rear area of the grader was primered in rusty red, then water and salt added. The main color was sprayed on top in the rear area and on the engine, consisting of Tamiya X4 and Lifecolor orange.

After that the blade and some further parts were added, also some parts at the drivers place - levers, steering wheel, ... 

42kggnes.jpg

ibt7vit4.jpg

xr8j357z.jpg

6q4cv7hv.jpg

After that the new added parts were primered, water/salt added and everything painted in the final yellow colors. Then the salt removed.

wha7ausw.jpg

vtlmxtdy.jpg

jylaqawt.jpg

6ui44a6d.jpg

Next step - painting all the details, then weathering.

Cheers

Micha

Micha, this is looking good........ I hope you greased all those knuckle joints !  This is looking really good, I especially like the scarifiers, they have some good details......that seems to be an old school option, seems these days graders now have rea rippers and olny occasionally, that I have seen.... VERY cool kit and you are doing an incredible job, it's looking well used....

cheers

Jeff

Hello,

the motor grader is mostly finished now. Some last details need to be done, also the base which I have begun needs some further work...

diq76kqg.jpg

zhf5nxit.jpg

4azneye6.jpg

hnojtru2.jpg

ftejcx6c.jpg

ukesq4or.jpg

r69h53eh.jpg

r8ykmwix.jpg

jpt6nr8x.jpg

cwkuqknd.jpg

z97fuumj.jpg

b4ysfsme.jpg

shvzbnyd.jpg

But before I could go on I will leave to summer vacatiln now :) 

Cheers,

Micha

Superb work Micha!

That is awesome, and as someone that has spent a few years on Graders, a very interesting project to me, you certainly dont see too many Grader models.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...