Late TBF-1 Avenger conversion from TBF-1C

Durangokid

The turret glass is a perfect fit.

Fuselage was a perfect fit.  Considering all the different interior assemblies, that is quite the accomplishment by Trumpeter. 

Wings and clear parts are just dry fit.  Perfect fit there too.

This has really been a fun kit so far.  The wings fit so well that I'm considering painting the separate.

Nice project you have you going here. I have one of each of these kits and need to build them someday...hopefully soon. As for the good fits you are finding out throughout your build is due to the great kit trumpeter copied...Accurate Miniatures 1/48 Avengers kit. Anyway, I always enjoy your builds so follow along I will ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well my updates have slowed a bit.  I've just been so busy and I was waiting for my Maketar masks to show up.  I don't have any big updates other than everything is all together and has a coat of black primer from Alclad.  I also received the mask for the marking and got those started.  

Everything fit very well with only a few adjustments.  Even the engine cowl fit great, just need a little shim on the top.

lMPoRx.jpg

I'm really happy with the way the IP turned out

tVrggV.jpg

I probably do my masks differently than most.  Doing it this way helps me align everything and not get those heavy paint lines.  This way the circle doesn't get out of shape and stays nice and round.

I start by painting the white part for the star...

nDdgKG.jpg

Then put down the star mask

sfNP97.jpg

Then paint the blue area

2z6wNK.jpg

Then cover the blue

6fV6jk.jpg

4cO7BD.jpg

I know it looks crazy but it works for me.  This is how I did my Corsair and it came out nice.

I forgot to mention that I added some wiring to the landing gear legs.  It's easier for me to use .10 and .15 styrene rod rather than the metal variety.  The trick is to use a very small amount of glue...

ZCLv0G.jpg

mtgAvF.jpg

reSu0t.jpg

Thanks for stopping by fellas.  Oh and sorry for the not so great pics, my good camera is having some issues with the batter :(