I Hearby Swear NOT to Buy that Kit!

Bill Cross

OK Bill,

Lets cut the crap.

It the model kit is really too high priced don't buy it. Just ignore it. Pretend it does not exist and work on something else.

Give it a week of abstinence, or is that absinthe? 

Then, after a week of forbearance, see how you feel about it.

If the urge to buy it is still there then maybe you should.

But if in the week your ardor has cooled, then relax - you kicked the monkey off your back.

Feel better? Good.

Now about that 1/32 model of the B-24 coming out soon....

Stephen

My solution to the burgeoning kit stash (thankfully the other half won't go in the loft because of spiders) has been commissions. Someone else buys the kit and then has the storage problem with the finished item. This suits me.

I've also vowed to cut back on buying, as so many 1:32 and 1:24 kits state at me in silent reproach whenever I venture into the loft. Hence, I'm now planning a scratch built 1/8th Sopwith Pup. :)

Guest Peterpools

Bill

Super Dioramas and vignettes.

If I could go back just a few years, a nice chunk of what I bought, I wouldn't have. Just comes with the territory

Peter

Bill

If I could go back just a few years, a nice chunk of what I bought, I wouldn't have. Just comes with the territory

Peter

I agree,... sort of. If I'm guessing correctly, virtually everything I've ever purchased in the way of kits, reflected my state of mind at that particular time, but as passions ebb and flow, some of those kits become very much less important over time, than they were at the time of initial purchase.

So this is what it has come to, eh? ... Bribery!

Rog :)

Yes.

OK Bill,

Lets cut the crap.

It the model kit is really too high priced don't buy it. Just ignore it. Pretend it does not exist and work on something else.

Give it a week of abstinence, or is that absinthe? 

Then, after a week of forbearance, see how you feel about it.

If the urge to buy it is still there then maybe you should.

But if in the week your ardor has cooled, then relax - you kicked the monkey off your back.

Feel better? Good.

Now about that 1/32 model of the B-24 coming out soon....

Stephen

You did NOT say there's a B-24 coming out, did you???? :wub:

My solution to the burgeoning kit stash (thankfully the other half won't go in the loft because of spiders) has been commissions. Someone else buys the kit and then has the storage problem with the finished item. This suits me.

I've also vowed to cut back on buying, as so many 1:32 and 1:24 kits state at me in silent reproach whenever I venture into the loft. Hence, I'm now planning a scratch built 1/8th Sopwith Pup. :)

I would be happy if someone would pay me for my hobby, but that is a path I don't have time to research.

How the heck did  you get to $750? 

The AM stuff for this plane is amazing. Over $100 just for the resin engines.

Aftermarket ain't cheap.

Yep.

Here is an idea for a nice diorama, just sell that bloody Porsche Dad! :) LOL

36a012434b5c52a16003df1e027f0379.jpg

GREAT idea, but getting engines would be a nightmare of scratchbuilding.

Bill

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Yes, passions run white hot for some things and then you say "why the **** did I buy that???"

I agree,... sort of. If I'm guessing correctly, virtually everything I've ever purchased in the way of kits, reflected my state of mind at that particular time, but as passions ebb and flow, some of those kits become very much less important over time, than they were at the time of initial purchase.

It's why I try to wait before ordering new things: sometimes just thinking about building something is enough, and then I delete it from my SB cart.