Tamiya's A6M2b zero

aldur

Hi,

Just a small update.

This is all I managed to do the last couple of days:

DSC00877.JPG

The left stabilizer, 2 machine guns (I almost ruined one with to much glue) and I dunked the clear parts for the IP in some future.

Some detail shots:

DSC00879.JPG

DSC00881.JPG

DSC00882.JPG

Plus I sprayed a couple of coats of gloss varnish on the cockpit. I'm letting that dry for a couple of days before I start with some weathering. (I first for me :lol:)

greetings,

Ian

Hi there,

Time for an other update. The cockpit is finished except for the MG. The fuselage has been glued together and the tailfin and stabilizers are also ready to put on the fuselage.

First the CP parts weathered:

DSC00905.JPG

DSC00907.JPG

DSC00908.JPG

DSC00916.JPG

And finally some pictures of the cockpit in the fuselage:

DSC00946.JPG

DSC00949.JPG

DSC00950.JPG

DSC00952.JPG

The cockpit isn't glued yet. I just put it in to see how it would look.

Hope you like it.

greetings,

Ian

Wow, That's looking GREAT, Ian!! This is OOB? I've got the A6M5 kit, but never really looked at it. I'm gonna have to get it down and open it up to see what's inside after seeing these pics. That is some awesome detail, and your paint-job has really made it pop out. Sweeeet! :blink: Can't wait to see the next progress pics....this build is coming along nicely. :blink: Russ

Thnx guys.

Yes Russ this is 100% OOB. It is an amazing piece of engineering by Tamiya. :P

I still need to be more careful with painting the small details. Still pretty messy I think compared to what I've seen here.

greetings,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest canuck63

Hi Aldur,

very nice and clean build so far mate;)!You've chosen one of the best kits on the market if not the very best (it's even surpassed in some points the A6M5 :rolleyes: ),and you'll be amazed to see how it goes together and what a marvel you con turn it into without recurring to massive extra-detailing,in fact it hardly need any added details,excepting a few wires and pipes here and there!

Cheers

Manny

Thnx,

Great pit rocky.

I had to do some repair on a speaker connection and I think the pieces of wire I have leftover from that will do great. I haven't had time to work on it anymore, maybe I'll get something done tomorrow.

greetings,

Ian