Very entertianing giant scale F-104 flight

LSP_Ron

The Corsair is really nice, clearly tons of power but looks hard to land because of that. Even at idle and full flaps it idles hot.  I had one years ago in 1/4scale and it was the same way and almost always flipped onto its back breaking the rudder.  Couldn't slow it down.....even with crabbing/side slipping.

They're impressive.

My inner Safety Sam does flag how close people are to the flight line. That SAAB crash is demonstrative enough of what could foreseeably happen. It looks like people have just become accustomed to the risk...much like the loons that stand right on the road to let 100mph rally cars go between them.

I also wondered how long it'll be before VR headsets and drone technology is adapted to RC planes. The in-cockpit view might offer a BVR capability that'd be pretty cool.

Matty

Guest Jessie_C

I also wondered how long it'll be before VR headsets and drone technology is adapted to RC planes. The in-cockpit view might offer a BVR capability that'd be pretty cool.

Oh, about three years ago...

Wow. That's the very report I had seen. It's on in my city most nights.

I was thinking about the technology being adapted and used in the 1/4 scale RC planes...especially jets.

Matty

Saw a quarter scale pulse jet Me-163 awhile back.............pretty neat.  Just like the real deal, scale fuel run then a glide in after a bomber run!

Cool.

Seems like it would have been easier to do with a model rocket engine. The real one was a rocket, after all.