1/32 Trumpeter P47 shark mouth!

Vynce804

Dear All,

My latest WIP is the 1/32 Trumpeter P47 thunderbolt. I wanted a complete change after completing my back to. Back us marine fast jet builds and I've always had a soft spot for a Jug!

4DD4817F-8A99-40D9-8B8B-E08B8BC850C7_zps

This one has been in the stash for a while and I specifically. Bought it to apply this striking shark mouth scheme.

B6A27C20-4B49-4FD2-A058-294601266DB1_zps

These ww2 warbirds also offer great scope for weathering which is ok by me!

Another reason for choosing these markings is I get to try my hand with paint masks which is something I have never tried and want to see first hand if they really are better than decals!

Ok so I have already made a start with the cockpit which is nicely detailed. It's. painted with zinc chromate +10% black with lighter highlights on top. Next to come are brush painted details and more highlights... etc.

79A31059-D0BC-4F7B-8427-AD828873A2D3_zps

I am also recycling the pilot from the Hasegawa p47 bubble top I made a few years ago. I have given him a good cote of brown before starting the main detail painting.

D752257E-4A1F-4B47-BDAE-681BC28DA020_zps

I'm really looking forward to this one and it should be fun!

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Some progress has been made. All the main components are together and painting has started. I really like this kit, but the engine is a nightmare to make comparef the the hasegawa p47 bubble top. Just a few more bits to tidy up and I'll be able to start applying the Montex masks!

Cheers

Matt

A16E91FB-0140-4E50-A2C9-8DF78C2AE444_zps

Edited by Vynce804

Hi tjtx,

Thank you for the advice on the sharkmouth masks, I was stating to think about how to tackle them and it's good to hear your experience. Can you tell me what red did you use for the sharkmouth and tail stripes? I have used tamiya xf7 on the tail but am thinking it may be too dark?

Cheers

Matt