Maj Lionel W. B. Rees, DH-2, No. 32 Squadron RFC

TimW

Bravo!!! :clap2: Excellent job Tim! I doff my kepi to your mad WWI skills sir. :thumbsup: Now,....if they'd only release that WNW's Fe-2B.... :bow: :bow: . Looks like you got in plenty of practice already, eh?! :D VEEEEEERY COOL Tim, this is going to make a great addition to the gallery for this GB. Thanks for sharing this build with us, it was a hoot! Later, Russ

Thanks all for the kind words!

It really helped keep me inspired--there were times when I was about to give up on this kit (especially after I dropped it ^_^ )

But I'm glad I stuck it out--finishing something like that is its own reward.

And yes, WW needs to hurry up with that FE-2, danggit!

But for now there's a very big Mossie in my future!

Regards,

Tim W.

Excellent!

Whats your main job? Brain surgery? ^_^ Wouldn't hesitate to consult you when in need! Real good work! All that rigging and the myriad of thin struts! (Where is the "wow" smiley when we need one?)

Regards! - dutik

Excellent!

Whats your main job? Brain surgery? ^_^ Wouldn't hesitate to consult you when in need! Real good work! All that rigging and the myriad of thin struts! (Where is the "wow" smiley when we need one?)

Regards! - dutik

Hahah! Brain surgery...nothing so exotic, I'm afraid. Just another guv'mint employee who stares at a computer a la Office Space all day.

I've been modelling since around 6 or 7. Really only got back into it in Grad School in my 30s after a fairly lengthy gap in the 80s that coincided with my late teens/early 20s for the usual reasons.

Glad I got back to it. My son, now 5, shows a lot of interest so we'll see where that leads.

Tim W.

post-717-1264168737.jpg

Same story here :thumbsup:

The 80s were a very good time to be a teen. Golden age of pop music, IT raising (remember Amiga, Atari and co?), disarmament talks between Yanks and Russians (not to forget the Harlem Break :lol: )and all that general optimism about a golden future.

My childs (3+5) are also into modelling. Revell Mini and Easy kits are a good starting point for 3 year olds (with a little help by parents). They like to help Dad modelling (cutting parts from sprue, sanding somewhat and smearing glue on larger parts) and have also learned to keep the fingers off from exhibition tables, to talk about their Minikits and to distuingish between all kind of flying and rolling stock at museums. So I will face no problems in the future with all that unbuild kits of my stash. They will come some day into proper hands ;)

Happy modelling!

- dutik

Thanks again for the comments.

I ordered the figure from Colorado Miniatures, but can't remember the specific brand name. I think it's supposed to be Mannock but I liked it for the DH display.

Regards,

Tim W.