TAC Scale Dynamics 1/32 Mig-15 bis

Guest Martinnfb

Yep, a few boo boo's, but you'll be fine my friend........Harv :popcorn:

Booboos are always fun, thanks Harv :)

Dang Martin, you're not wasting any time on this build!  Great progress.  

I'm in the slow lane with mine.  

I like that camo scheme you posted.  

Mike

Thank You Mike, actually I just ordered a conversion set from PM with some interesting camo within.

This is gonna be great! Awesome job, Martin!

Thou shall believe :).

Good progress :speak_cool:

The gap between intake ring and inner wall looks interesting to fill... :unsure:

- dutik

I just slap it with a snake of tamiya putty, the result will be posted tomorrow :)

See what happens when we don't get together on a regular basis Martin? I remember you showing me this kit but I didn't know until just now that you've actually started building it! It brought tears to my eyes when I saw your cockpit detailed and painted before being installed in the fuselages.

This is gonna be awesome!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Today I failed to keep busy at work , so here is the result. I cut out the openings for ARK-5 radio compass and MRP-48P marker beacon receiver antennas, then cut a small back plate from sheet of styrene and trying to replicate the hidden hardware, the stencils are in Cyrillic, pretending to say "no touchy" and "front" / "rear" directional indication. I know it looks savage, but the pool of resin will glaze it into acceptable state.

Love you all.

M.

faggot_zpsajpvgd4j.jpg

See what happens when we don't get together on a regular basis Martin? I remember you showing me this kit but I didn't know until just now that you've actually started building it! It brought tears to my eyes when I saw your cockpit detailed and painted before being installed in the fuselages.

This is gonna be awesome!

Cheers,

Wolf

Surprise !!! :) I just got tired from people begging ceaselessly to trade the famous and big all mighty Faggot for way too inferior Fisher's Fury . :ninja:  In another words I am loosing my mind Wolf. :blah:

Of course, if you add a girlie figure like this to the intake you could avoid the task of filling the gap :whistle:

You might also get away without having to paint the airplane... :evil_laugh:

- dutik

Lately I had difficulties to get away with essentially anything, maybe after this GB I will be able to earn some warning points. Nobody has them ?!, slogan of the day " Be a Man, earn a warning point". :punk:

OK guys, thanks for stopping by, I am going to eat something and if there is some extra time today  I may fill and polish the antennas housings .

Cheers

Martin

Thank You for the kind words Peter, well I have to admit I wasn't happy with the overall look myself. That would be, most likely the reason why the resin mix didn't dry and I had to peel it out and now, re-do the whole assembly. Live and learn, at least , this time around I can do semi-decent job :)

Love and Sissies

M.

huh!, so the next layer of resin dried as expected. I changed colors of  the compass dipole, no photographic evidence led me to follow my gut feeling about Soviet avionics from that era.

The grainy surface will be polished and the lopsided shape is not an issue. There will be photo-etched frame surrounding the covers made by profi modeller.

1_1400915837.jpg

faggot%20015_zpsjeuy15pi.jpgfaggot%20014_zpsshgw2vs4.jpg