Display Stand

dodgem37

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but was missing an ingredient.  Then I found it in a magnet.

DSCN6441_zpsvsfsb63q.jpg

These are the parts.  12 x 12 x 1/8 mirrored acrylic sheet, 10 x 10 x 1/8 acrylic sheet, 1 x 3 acrylic rod, 1" diameter magnet, nylon magnet spacer.

DSCN6442_zpsarqqek58.jpg

Put together with GOOP.  Adhered rods to one side of the sheet and adhered the magnets on the opposite side to hide the connection.  They make a nice decorative feature.  Adhered the spacers to the bottom of the rod.  When you're tall, as I am, you don't have to bend over so far to see the reflection because the model is elevated.

DSCN6444_zpsum1mqiyc.jpg

Been doing Mustang stuff.  This isn't finished, yet.  There are still a few more details to add.

Thank you for looking.

Sincerely,

Marl

Looks good but at first, I thought that you had placed magnets within the airframe, so that they would repel against those magnets on the acrylic pillars, to give the appearance of flight!

Might have just given myself an idea...

Looks good but at first, I thought that you had placed magnets within the airframe, so that they would repel against those magnets on the acrylic pillars, to give the appearance of flight!

Might have just given myself an idea...

That's what I thought too! Someone only to try that