PAK FA from Hobby Boss 1:72

Koralik

making the F-22 look old

That could be because the F-22 is old. The YF-22 flew in 1991, and production ended 6 years ago.

By way of comparison, the first YF4H Phantom flew in 1958 and the line was being put out to grass in the US and UK by 1992.

I think they used to inject benzine. Gave the MiG-29s in particular a very smelly and dirty brown exhaust.

Raising exhaust temperature can help too. F-4s went smokeless in the 1980s doing that, with modded engines.

Great PAK-FA build. All that nozzle colouring in titchy scale - amazing!

Tony

That could be because the F-22 is old. The YF-22 flew in 1991, and production ended 6 years ago.

By way of comparison, the first YF4H Phantom flew in 1958 and the line was being put out to grass in the US and UK by 1992.

Maybe, but the F-35 has similar configuration but is younger. I suppose Russians 3D vectoring nozzle tech give them more freedom aeordynamics wise.They can significantly reduce the rudders in size. Then the flying wing design is something that started with the F-16 way back and what we have today is the latest step in that evolution. I expect the next US fighter to look morel like the SU-57 than the F-22, with 3d nozzles and rudimentary rudders.

Edited by Hardcore