Carnage in the Falaise cauldron

JRutman

Thanks guys,for all of your kind remarks.

I have often thought over the years when seeing pictures in history books of dead soldiers or civilians for that matter,if any of these peoples' relatives ever saw these pictures?  Some are pretty gruesome after all. Just wondered.

The country of origin wouldn't make a difference.

J

Nice work JR. The US policy in WWII was to NOT ever show dead US troops faces, lest a family member see them. They even had guidelines regarding "heroic' poses for the dead that were photographed. I saw a pic of a sailor that was tossed out a window (2nd or 3rd floor) in a who...cathouse in Hawaii. They had to write his family that he was KIA in order to hide the truth, and protect sensabilities back home.

Thanks again all,for chiming in with your awesome comments. I appreciate it a lot!

Here is the last member of the crew.

Highly decorated Oberst. This is a departure for me as I usually model ranks up to and including sergeants. My world,what can I say?

officer001_zps2f962244.jpg

officer002_zpsb6dc93fc.jpg

officer003_zps953d928f.jpg

officer004_zpscbf787f0.jpg

officer005_zpsc74923d3.jpg

officer007_zps22a859e1.jpg

Don't know where those giant fingers came from!! Call the Avengers!!

J

Hey guys!!

Thanks for the outstanding comments.

Mal,the body was not glued onto the chassis yet. So it was easy to put the rear seat guy in there.  It is glued now so I must live with whatever is going on inside for good now!

J

J

Jerry my friend, this is a true testament to your talent. You are a master of figures. You add soul to your figures. I really enjoy your work buddy.....Harv :popcorn:  :popcorn: