24 th Trumpeter 'tropical ' 109

Erwin

...a special 'thank you ' goes to Chris Sherland for providing the technical data. And to Ermeio from Italy for making this filter.

I owe you guys !

Strange that the aftermarket doesn't make a resin trop filter for these kits :)

post-4-1092149168.jpg

Lancman,

It's the G 6 early kit.

Asking about pitfalls. Well,the engine is not what I hoped it to be.Those vinyl parts just suck ! :angry:

Don't know why Trump didn't mold that in plastic. So I dicided not to show it after messing to much with glue. :)

But I'm sure a better builder than me will have no problems with it.

...the wings and tail section are done.

I'm not using the Trump national decals,because they are to glossy. I used the Airfix decals.

My problem is ,that with brushpainting it's difficult to add a overall matt cote when all painting and decaling is done.

It ruined my Fokker this way before,so I'm not taking that risk again.

The Airfix decals are more matt.

post-4-1092432238.jpg

Erwin,

For doing the flat coating of u'er decals.Just brush the inside of each decal and work out as to fill in the decal,from the center out.One thin coat should do the trick.And one thing u can do first before u coat them with flat.Use a decal solvent.It will draw down the decaLS AND THEN AFTER THE SOLVENT HAS DRIED.tHEN FLAT COAT THE CALS.lARRY

Hi Erwin,

Why dont you coat the decals with a mat varnish while the are still on the decal sheet? When dry you can cut them close to or on the decal clear film then and apply them over the settling solution as suggested. I use the Polyscale clear flat by brush and airbrush on my models and have found it wonderfully flat. Once dry it is a pretty bullet proof coating. I have not found it to leave brush streaks if its well mixed

Cheers

Tim