Spitfire MK 24

Chris/Germany

Hy Erwin, you´re right, the gun housings are different in lengh and they must be depending on the mount of the guns in the wing itself. Two of the four scratched gun covers seen in the picture will be cutted to right size, I think half the lengh of the long one is too short for the short ones, unfortunately I used the resin covers included in the Warbird correction set I received from Vasco for my SEAFIRE so I dont have the exact size, all I know is that the kit´s covers are not really good in size and also shape. Will have a look for a scale drawing and try to give you the right measurements within the next days. Hope this helps,

cheers

Chris

Guys,

From memory, you do need to be careful as the length of barrel depends on whether the Spitfire is a Mark 22 or 24. I'm at my desk in the office and I don't have the notes to hand, but 22's had longer gun barrels than 24's.

In addition, many of the 24's that were produced were upgraded 22's and the identifier is the serial.

PK is the code for Upgraded 22's and VN is the code for new build 24's. I'll post morew as soon as I've dug the books out of the box their in.

• 1 month later...

puuh......finally she´s done, here some quick shots, she had a little break before getting finished ´cause I wasn´t in the mood for handpainting those fu....g black-white-black serial Nr. Think I´ll do it like stated in a post before: no more MATCHBOX Spits for the next 5 years! B)

All she has to get now is her base and then she can be displayed with her sister, the FR47.

enjoy

Chris

post-4-1094069818.jpg

Hey chris, can't really add much here since the rest of the guys have said all there is to say. Well, they look great side by side and I really can;t make up my mind which scheme I prefer. I suppose that is why you built two. Would have done the same myself. What an aicraft!!!