Spitfire MK 24

Chris/Germany

out of the closet I decided to do the second one I have ( after the SEAFIRE conversion). This time it´ll be a "real" MK 24., not really sure ´bout the final paintsheme she´ll get, anyway, here a few "in progress" shots.

post-4-1089574320.jpg

Chris,

Have a look at the following URL as they have seven fairly well researched Mk.24 profiles- even if the research and artwork was mine. Five are in camo from 80 Squadron RAF based at Kai Tak and one is from the Station Commander Wing Commander "Tiny" Nell, the other is the last Mk.24 currently based at RAF Duxford, but which originally served with 80 Squadron and then the Royal Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force.

http://www.geocities.com/cwlam2000hk/artwork.htm

The Dark Green is the wrong shade.

Hi Chris,

As it happens I just got started on the same kit after my Fokker disaster before leaving on holiday.

Perhaps I should put it in the works too,just to compare the building methods. Not to compare the endresult ofcource :)

You are right in your Seafire article when you mentioned the bad hard plastic. I broke three parts by just cuting them from the trees.

BTW,is this another 'cutaway' or not ?

Do you intend to show the gunbays ? They look a bit poor to me.Not much to show realy. What do you think ?

Greetings,Ole

Hy Erwin,

yes, it´ll be a .....cutaway. The gunbays are really "empty", you´re right, they´ll need a bit of scratching by doing at least the structure of the bay and a bit detailing the panels. If you want it shown open you cannot use the kit´s panels ( much to thick), replace them with a piece of plastic that´s much thinner and add some framing to them, also the guns need a bit of detailing but that´no problem for you.

cheers

Chris

Sorry Kim, must have been a little confused!

The spit stencils would be great, because there are not much infos to find ´bout the stencilling of a late mark spit they would be much better than the partially yellowed and only basic MATCHBOX stuff.

Sorry again for the wrong name,

Chris

Don't worry, Korea has too much familyname Kim (estimate over 20000000 in 49000000) B)

I will send a 1/32 Spitfire set at next Monday.(Today is a raining day in Seoul)

Have a good work.

From Kim

Dear other LSP friends,

I will send stencil sets to you, only if you write on "In The Works" forum of LSP in this year.

Please refer my one post in this forum.

also the worst parts of the kit are done: air intakes modified with aluminium, cooler flaps down, landing gear as usual from alu tubings, gun covers scratched ( because of the bad shape of the kits ones) by cutting off the ends of wooden actors brushes and inserting a tiny brass tube.....

post-4-1090188817.jpg

Hi Chris,

Did you bodder to have a look at my atempt to build this kit :D ?

I noticed that you replaced the gun housings.

The more I look at things the more I get unsure about the correctness of my kits housings.

My short ones are about half the size of the large one.

I don't have much pictures,but is that correct,or should the short ones be longer ?

You made four ones the same size.

The guns aren't placed alined in the bays.So there should be a difference in lenght . I asume

Luckely I have two long housings from an old build kit that I can use.

I still can correct my kit,it's only primed at the moment.

Any help here Chris ?